Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

I cheaked that but id leave kilkenny and wouldn't arrive in gormanstown until near 12.
    Anybody know any other way to get there or is there a different train so i could be there for 10 ?
    Any advice would be helpful as im trying to get to the young guns.
    by public transport i presume?

drogheda train from connelly. get off at gormanstown.
    on sundays nobody checks tickets so you can just buy a cheap dart ticket to get through the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

Every two weeks
    Well there is a train that leaves Connolly at 9.22 that will get you into Gormanstown just after ten, but in order to get from Kilkenny to Dublin at that time on a Sunday morning you'll have to take Kavanagh's bus that leaves Kilkenny at 6.22am and arrives into Dublin at 8.45.
    There's no other option that I'm aware of since Bus Eireann and Irish Rail don't begin services till much later. So it's possible, you'll just have a very early start to the day!

Do you know does that bus run on a saterday? Do you know about the return journey ?
    Thanks
    Tov wrote: »
    Well there is a train that leaves Connolly at 9.22 that will get you into Gormanstown just after ten, but in order to get from Kilkenny to Dublin at that time on a Sunday morning you'll have to take Kavanagh's bus that leaves Kilkenny at 6.22am and arrives into Dublin at 8.45.
    There's no other option that I'm aware of since Bus Eireann and Irish Rail don't begin services till much later. So it's possible, you'll just have a very early start to the day!

Every two weeks
    Oh it's Saturday, I thought it was on Sunday, my mistake.
    The timetable for Kavanagh's is the same every day, so that bus will still be running.
    The train to Gormanstown actually presents a bigger problem on the Saturday, since there isn't one until much later.
    What you can do is get a train to Balbriggan, which is only a bit further from the site. There's a train that leaves Connolly at 8.53 and another that leaves at 9.38. They'll get you into Balbriggan at 9.31 or 10.17.
    From there it's a short taxi ride to Stamullen, should cost about a tenner or so. There's a taxi company in Balbriggan called G Cabs (8417777) that I've used before, they seem to be reliable. Just ask them to bring you to Whyte's Pub in Stamullen, the site is just opposite it.
    As regards returning, there's a train that leaves Gormanstown to go to Connolly at 17.08 or 19.07, or there's one leaving Balbriggan at 18.19.
    Then Kavanagh's have a bus that returns to Kilkenny leaving Dublin at 21.00.

Are kavanghs reliable on time? Do they arrive when they say?
    Tov wrote: »
    Oh it's Saturday, I thought it was on Sunday, my mistake.
    The timetable for Kavanagh's is the same every day, so that bus will still be running.
    The train to Gormanstown actually presents a bigger problem on the Saturday, since there isn't one until much later.
    What you can do is get a train to Balbriggan, which is only a bit further from the site. There's a train that leaves Connolly at 8.53 and another that leaves at 9.38. They'll get you into Balbriggan at 9.31 or 10.17.
    From there it's a short taxi ride to Stamullen, should cost about a tenner or so. There's a taxi company in Balbriggan called G Cabs (8417777) that I've used before, they seem to be reliable. Just ask them to bring you to Whyte's Pub in Stamullen, the site is just opposite it.
    As regards returning, there's a train that leaves Gormanstown to go to Connolly at 17.08 or 19.07, or there's one leaving Balbriggan at 18.19.
    Then Kavanagh's have a bus that returns to Kilkenny leaving Dublin at 21.00.

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    As far as I know, but given that this is Ireland, I wouldn't take any timetable as gospel. Best to be waiting at the bus stop a bit early.

Thanks Tov

Every two weeks
    No problem. I work in a tourist information office, so it's just force of habit really :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gaiscioch (^.^)

Every two weeks
    great games sat. bren, still recovering!! ill get ya next week, only cause you will be standing in a yellow coat and unarmed and not in the game haha.

<-- noel here(the guy with the dirty mucky brand new scar L)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    great games sat. bren, still recovering!! ill get ya next week, only cause you will be standing in a yellow coat and unarmed and not in the game haha.

<-- noel here(the guy with the dirty mucky brand new scar L)

Hey Noel,
    yeah there was some epic moments on Saturday, everybody playing fair and taking their hits;);)

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Absolutely class bunch of players in attendance today we had some awesome gaming today, thanks to everyone for an enjoyable day and we played until 6ish:D:D

Bren

Every two weeks
    Incoming:
    Game Calendar for upcoming events:

21st February: Young Guns Day: The Uprising!

22nd February: Free BB Sunday* Sign in for a full day and get 3000 BB’s Free

5th April: www.IrishAirsoftEvents.com (site coming soon) in association
    with Fingal Airsoft & G-Tac will host the second instalment of The Reckoning: East Vs West! Venue: G-Tac.

12 April: ATF special event: Night Ops: Black Gold

13 April: www.IrishAirsoftEvents.com (site coming soon) hosted MilSim Day: Kill Box Alpha

2nd, 3rd and 4th of May (Bank Holiday weekend): Fingal Airsoft will be celebrating our 1st year of operations!
    Help us celebrate this occasion as we unveil 6 BRAND NEW GAME MODES for the summer into our line up of intense games, plus spot prizes and a Bar-B-Q.

31st of May: Viper Squad MilSim special event: Night Ops: Waste Land

4th July: Night Ops: Vietnam Themed MilSim: Khe Sanh, (The Tet Counteroffensive)

2nd August: www.IrishAirsoftEvents.com (site coming soon) hosted event: Dark Mist 3: Dead Again! The return of this hugely popular and intensely scary zombie filled night ops.

28th August: Back to School Blow-out: Under 18’s Day, Only 15 Euro for the Day!!
    More to follow very soon with a new website and new game modes!
    Go on Challenge Yourself!

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Every two weeks
    great games yesterday guys and a beautiful day to enhance it even more.
    Great army of two game with some very sneaky tactics emerging and some bloody awesome long range shots on the hill.

Well done all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Every two weeks
    21st March: Young Guns Day: The Uprising!
    Operation Uprising:
    • Date: 21st of Febuary

is the young guns on feb or march?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

Every two weeks
    down there yesterday i'm pretty certain young guns is this sat and this sunday is free bb sunday!!:D:D

Every two weeks
    is the young guns on feb or march?

Sorry about the confusion bloody typo:o:o

This Saturdy 21st February: Young Guns Day: The Uprising!

This Sunday 22nd February: Free BB Sunday* Sign in for a full day and get 3000 BB’s Free

Bren

Every two weeks
    steevee wrote: »
    down there yesterday i'm pretty certain young guns is this sat and this sunday is free bb sunday!!:D:D

Hey Steve,
    Did you find that ring??

Bre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

Every two weeks
    not yet still have to strip everything out of the car
    still a small price to pay for airsoft:rolleyes:

Every two weeks
    steevee wrote: »
    not yet still have to strip everything out of the car
    still a small price to pay for airsoft:rolleyes:

Well I wish you luck in your search;);)

Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Every two weeks
    Hope to be down on Sunday, don't know if I'll have my gun though :(

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Hope to be down on Sunday, don't know if I'll have my gun though :(

What's wrong with your AEG??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Every two weeks
    What's wrong with your AEG??:(

Don't know, electrical problems of some sort, haven't a clue what I'm looking at so not much point opening it up

Every two weeks
    Some great games yesterday guys, thanks for attending;);)

Bren

Every two weeks
    We had the guys and girls from DCU in yesterday doing a fund raiser. The charity they were raising for is Youth Release, which raises awareness for disadvantaged children in Ethiopia.

Well done guys:):):)

Bren

Every two weeks
    This Saturdy 21st February: Young Guns Day: The Uprising! Under 18's event!

This Sunday 22nd February: Free BB Sunday* Sign in for a full day and get 3000 BB’s Free

Both days are looking to be very busy so get there early if you need to rent any AEG's, I also added some more cover to the Delta base:D:D:D

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

hi bren,me and colin will defo be up sunday,looking forward to it,
    see ya then:)

steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gaiscioch (^.^)

Every two weeks
    oo more cover at delta, if it couldnt get any better :-p will be down on sun with a few peoples seen as the little ones took over this sat. hope you all have a blast tomorrow!!!

Every two weeks
    oo more cover at delta, if it couldnt get any better :-p will be down on sun with a few peoples seen as the little ones took over this sat. hope you all have a blast tomorrow!!!

Cool, the delta base is a challenge that's for sure:D:D I've feeling it will be a very busy day;);)

Bren

Every two weeks
    gonesharp wrote: »
    hi bren,me and colin will defo be up sunday,looking forward to it,
    see ya then:)

steve

See you then Steve;);)

Bren

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Recession buster!!!
    Fingal Airsoft unveils its upcoming membership details:
    Cost of membership €60.00 per year:
    What you get for your money:
    • € 20.00 for a full days play (Sat/Sun)*
    • 10% of the price of BB’s
    • 1 free play for every 12 days you play
    • Priority bookings for events
    • Membership card
    • Member’s only games (3 or 4 per year, dates TBA) play against other members.
    • Priority play testing of new areas of the site before anybody else
    • Introduce a friend to membership and receive 2 days free play**

*Does not include bank holidays, events or special game dates.
    ** Does not count towards your 12 days play.

More details to followwink.gif

Bren

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement