Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

Once a month
    guys where? how do you get to the orchard? anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Every two weeks
    I'm sure you will:D:D:D:D, looking forward to it!
    By the way Alan we've linked your site on our links section of our site;).

thanks i will link your site today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Every two weeks
    im just back from a long and pointless 2and half hour drive because I was looking for the fingal airsoft in Stamullin instead of Steach Maoilin :mad:

was really lookn forward to today, even bought a new GBB just for the occasion (hey its a valid excuse to purchase more stuff!) will try again tomorrow but for now im off to buy a decent map and refill the juice tank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Once a month
    It's stamullin on the signposts?

I posted the google maps link above, but here's my own directions in words:

Heading north up the M1, take the Julianstown exit.

Up the top of the off-ramp you'll see a hotel, turn right here, go across the bridge above the m1.
    Continue straight.
    A few hundred metres down this road, there is a left turn which brings you up and across another bridge, this bridge goes across the road you were just on (N1)
    Coming across this bridge, you'll come to a Stop sign with a sign in front of you pointing to a pub which I cant remember the name of right now! (It's a fairly large brown sign directly in front of you)
    Follow the sign (right turn)
    Continue straight until you see the pub coming up on your right hand side, turn right at the road just beside the pub.
    Continue straight a couple hundred metres down this road until you see a right turn signposted stamullen. Take this right turn.

Continue straight for a few minutes, you'll pass a fairly new development of shops on your left hand side with apartments above them, just past this you'll see whyte's pub on your right hand side, the entrance to the site is the grey metal gate directly opposite the pub.

The car park hasn't been cleared yet, so you'll want to continue about 50metres past the entrance and park in the car park on the left hand side.

Please be sure to keep all your airsoft equipment covered in a bag while carrying it from the car to the site entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    fletch... wrote: »
    im just back from a long and pointless 2and half hour drive because I was looking for the fingal airsoft in Stamullin instead of Steach Maoilin :mad:

was really lookn forward to today, even bought a new GBB just for the occasion (hey its a valid excuse to purchase more stuff!) will try again tomorrow but for now im off to buy a decent map and refill the juice tank

Sorry for this Fletch:(,

I'll put my phone number up on the site tonight for anybody coming just ring me and I'll direct anyone who's coming!

But Kdouglas has posted great directions:D.

Bren.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never, I love playing in a flat feild with tyres and pallets as cover!
    Yeah, we spent ages looking for it, really well hidden. I'm gonna take all the shots off my phone now in a sec so I'll post pic of the gate when they're up and a full review of the events of the day.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Damn - Ive only just spotted this thread now - and I only live 5 minutes away :)

Guess I'll be there sometime soon so :)

Bio

Ok, let me start with this. When you enter stimullen(sp?) you pass the shops on your left. Right there is the pub on the right. Oposite is the gate below. That is Fingal Airsoft.
    DSC01342.jpg

Ok, today was brilliant. One of my best days airsofting in terms of super ambushes and just general enjoyment. The sun was blazing and everyone seemed to love it.

The Site
    Anyone here played Predator CG. If you have, you'll have an idea what this is like. Its all up close and personal except one patch where there's a clearing in the trees which devulges into insane crossfires. The have built a few fortifications but there's so much natural cover that they need little artificial cover. The SafeZone is nice with 6 marquee tents and a long bench of pallets for all your gear. Ted said that he'd be making seating soon. Might I suggest two ideas: One, just in case, you can never be too carefull, is some safety netting. Just in case. Two, one thing you lack is a firing range. If you were to cut away a section of the vegitation too the left you caould make a small range for test firing.Both just suggestion.

Marshalling and Site Operator:
    Fingal seems to be a 3 man team, at least for now. Actually, three men and a boy:D Bren runs FA and I have to say that he, like all the other SOs I've met, is extremely friendly. He's got a real energetic attitude and when he says he'll get something done, it gets done. He's assisteb by his son shane who it must be said is a really sound lad. Then there's Mark and Ted(One pictured above). They're bot very helpfull Ted is a great laugh in the safe zone. Well done and thanks lads.

Players
    I'm very gald to report that the around half of the players(20something in the end) today were first timers! Whatsmore they were all a pleasure to play with. There were a crowd of young guns(around 15) there. The funny thing was they new exactly what everything was, see parents, Call of Duty 4 is educational. Good Job red team!

Hydration
    Ok, this is a VERY IMPORTANT point. The weather was excellent today, probably too warm, we were sweating like pigs. If you are playing airoft anywhere in the next couple of months, even if it looks like a cold day, bring Loads of water. I'd suggest a 2L bottle. The amount of water you can loose is amazing. Today I drank a L of orange juice, 750ml of water, 300mls of Ice tea and then another 2 or 3 hundred mls of water from the big bottle! And I coulda drank more. People often dont realise how serios dehydration can be. If you do get dehydrated you could easily faint. Not so bad in itself but you will then likely fall, hard. Hit your head on a rock and your in a really bad state. When playing watch your teamates. If any seem dizzy or unable to focus, call a marshall and get them back to the SZ.

Gloves
    Good Idea, there are lots of nettles and thorns in FA. I wore gloves today allowing me to push through anywhere I wanted. They may be sweaty but they're worth it.

The Games
    Great variety and all worked well(the first hill was a little slow at 45 minutes limit, hint hint). All were played both ways to each team a chance. I wont go into them all but its safe to say they're well organised and and no matter what game you play you'll enjoy yourself.

The Food
    Ok, the menu is on the site. Every option is a fiver. I had: A platter of fresh chips(Lovely proper ones, no cheap stringy yokes), Chicken goujons(Really tasty), a pack of crisps and a coke. All for €5 and delivered to the SZ! Brilliant. On that point there is a shop, a take away and a Pub all within 30 seconds of FA.

Transport
    Ok, FA is actually situated right on the meath/dublin border(the river on site is the border). It not exactly central but the M1 brings you right there. For those of us without a car Bren has suggested the train. It stops at gorminstown down the road and he has offered to pick players up(You'll need a big car:D).

Memberships
    Bren started organising for these today and took some peoples mugshots. They'll cost a fiver and will be made when he gets enough people signed up. Thanks Bren

Future Plans
    Was chatting to Bren and Mark at the end. Wont blag all their surprises but trust me, they've got a great lineup and by this last weeks performance I'd say we'll see it all happening.

Personal Note
    Adam, if you're on boards, cheers. Great buddy today. We slaughtered them. When you get your own kit drop me a line and you can try for a place in the team if you so want.[Adam and myself defined the word ambush today. My bashed to pieces M9 served me well in the good weather. Any blue team members will know. We came again and again from their six. M9 and MP5 vs 36s, p90s and Augs. We nailed them.]

One Epic Failz
    CA sportsline M4s. Bren bought them thismorning. All three failed within the day. I think all three GBs jammed though I dont know for certain. All were running standard batts and were well handled. -1 for CA. On the other hand the three Sportsline MP5s held up without a single issue. The younger lads liked them as they are super light. Maybe there's hope for the P90 yet...

Think thats it.
    Thanks to Bren, Mark, Ted, Shane and all the players for one of my most enjoyable days skirmishing. Cheers lads.

Oh, nearly forgot, few random pics here: http://parttimepirates.blogspot.com/

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

suggested the train. It stops at gorminstown down the road

thats not that far, might head over tomorrow afternoon

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Holy crap.... Lethal_Bullet thank you for a that superb review:D:D:D, I'm glad you had such a fantastic day;);). Just for some for clarity it is I and Mark who run the site,but I have to say it would not have happened with out Ted the Head;).

Also we do have a firing range down at Fire base Charlie (the camping area) I'm surprised you didn't see it:eek:.

Any way again thanks for that detailed review of our site and we hope to see you and Danny there again soon;)

Bren

Every two weeks
    So tomorrow is looking like a full house again;), bring on the A.T.F. we are looking forward to you guys coming down and trying to take "6mill Hill" no one has took it yet.... So there is the challenge:D:D:D are you up for it?

Bren.

Holy crap.... Lethal_Bullet thank you for a that superb review:D:D:D, I'm glad you had such a fantastic day;);). Just for some for clarity it is I and Mark who run the site,but I have to say it would not have happened with out Ted the Head;).

Also we do have a firing range down at Fire base Charlie (the camping area) I'm surprised you didn't see it:eek:.

Any way again thanks for that detailed review of our site and we hope to see you and Danny there again soon;)

Bren

Ted the Head and his insane collection(9.6v scary loud 74su, Robocop pistol thingy and a super 90 he salvaged from a skip!)

What I meant by a firing range was something by the SZ. Like HRTA has just outside the netting. People like to just check everythings functioning and the hop set right ect ect without having to go off. Gtac has a similar affair just down from the office and in Predator you can stand at the exit of the SZ and let loose up the tracks. Just an idea.

The lads are going away next week so wont be available for a while but we may be back in two or three.

For those without cars: Train leaves connoly at 8:01 on a saturday morning arriving in gormanstown at 8:45. Thats a little early but you could grab breakfast and be ready to go straigt away at ten(Later train arrives too late). The return trains leave at 17:08, 19:07 and 20:06.

Every two weeks
    "What I meant by a firing range was something by the SZ. Like HRTA has just outside the netting. People like to just check everythings functioning and the hop set right ect ect without having to go off. Gtac has a similar affair just down from the office and in Predator you can stand at the exit of the SZ and let loose up the tracks. Just an idea."

Great idea Simon, It shall be done!;)

See you when you get back to our site.:D

Bren

Every two weeks
    Well after some of the most intense firefights I've been in:eek: 6mill Hill was conquered today by the A.T.F. after a hard fought battle, really well done lads!!;);)
    We took it back in the next game,;), but all round they are a very skilled bunch of players and they made it a great day's skirmishing that everybody enjoyed.

We are open tomorrow at 10am and games will start at 10:30.

I said that I'd pt my number up on our website last night but my web designers pc is busted so no update until it's fixed:mad:, but you can still book by emailing me at bookings@fingalairsoft.com.

Bren

Every two weeks
    So tomorrow is looking like a full house again;), bring on the A.T.F. we are looking forward to you guys coming down and trying to take "6mill Hill" no one has took it yet.... So there is the challenge:D:D:D are you up for it?

Bren.

sorry Bren we counld'nt let a challenge like that go unanswered;) :DBut what a day great weather great site and some fantastic games thanks lads for a great day you gave as good as you got looking forward to going back to fingal airsoft again :D
    Alan
    Airsoft Tactical Force

Every two weeks
    The very reason I posted the challenge was to get the very best out off you guys, which is what we got:D:D!

We look forward to your return Alan and by that time we will have the bunker complete hopefully;)!

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Every two weeks
    great site, my first time there on sunday and what a baptism of fire in the first game, taking the hill, go ATF!!

great organisation, both for games, site set up and Lunch :D

one of the best things about the site is that we got playing early and we did not have to wait too long between games, it was a great balance between reloading/having a laugh in the safe zone and gaming,

thanks guys

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

hey lads was up there yesterday wit paul had a great day, great site! was my first time doin this and will more than likely do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Had my first half day (well 2 games..my fault!) up in Fingal today & I have to say the site is great and the lads are bang on & made me feel very welcome as I was on my own.

For anyone heading up for the first time, kdouglas' directions are perfect & even I found the place coming from Bray (with an hour to spare) :eek:

Will hopefully be up again next Sunday,

Thanks lads

Rob

Ps. Thanks Bren for the lend of the camo top

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    A BIG thank you to everybody who attended our opening weekend and made it a very enjoyable weekend;), today we had some great games and great attendees and "6mill Hill" was not conquered today!

So it remains the only squads to take the "6mill Hill" were the A.F.T. and the band of rebels who took it back off the A.T.F. in the very next game, is there any other squads out there who can take this hill?

We are going to have a mid week evening game so what day would be good for people?

And would there be any interest in a night game?

Bren.

Every two weeks
    Had my first half day (well 2 games..my fault!) up in Fingal today & I have to say the site is great and the lads are bang on & made me feel very welcome as I was on my own.

For anyone heading up for the first time, kdouglas' directions are perfect & even I found the place coming from Bray (with an hour to spare) :eek:

Will hopefully be up again next Sunday,

Thanks lads

Rob

Ps. Thanks Bren for the lend of the camo top

Sure it was great having you there Rob, sorry you couldn't stay for the day and the last game of the day was Last Man Standing with pistols only and I have to say was absolutely brilliant.

No worries on the camo top, it's really a must on our site (long sleeves):D

Bren

Every two weeks
    Hey Bren we would be interested in a night game :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ted The Head

Every two weeks
    Well after marshaling Sat/Sun I got a play day today:D:D:D. It is easier to play! than marshal .Because you cant see what is going on unless you are close to the action ( :eek: In Harms Way :eek: ) So you have to dodge the BBs from both sides, and be on the move for the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Every two weeks
    great weekend guys...i'd just like to congratulate ted on the best tree branch impersonation i've ever seen and remark on Brens 'rab. c. nesbitt goes special forces' look...disturbing....other than that it was all fantastically enjoyable...well done to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mackers(ATF)

ATF Rule HOrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaagh!:):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ted The Head

Every two weeks
    hairball wrote: »
    great weekend guys...i'd just like to congratulate ted on the best tree branch impersonation i've ever seen and remark on Brens 'rab. c. nesbitt goes special forces' look...disturbing....other than that it was all fantastically enjoyable...well done to everyone.

Thanks for the accolade! :D But i'm more of a tree trunk than a branch;)

Every two weeks
    Thanks for the accolade! :D But i'm more of a tree trunk than a branch;)

LOL :D:D:D

Now that our opening weekend is out of the way and we have some more game modes refined, who's coming to check out the site and try and take "6mil Hill" on Saturday?:D:D:D

Rentals abvailable at present: 3x M15A4 SL Classic Army and 3x MP5 "Wide arm" SL Classic Army

We will be adding to the rentals very soon!

Every two weeks
    A.T.F wrote: »
    Hey Bren we would be interested in a night game :D:D:D

Noted.;)
    I know you guys would, and C.A.P. have said they would attend as well;)

Bren

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    Website updated:D, but with no photo's of the weekends events because Mark has gone on his honeymoon to France with the bloody camera:(:(:(:(.

Bren.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement