Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Every two weeks
    wat an you camp 4 the night and go home the following morning?

Yeah if thats what you want to do, some go after the game and some camp over and have a laugh around the fire and play the next day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭jesse shortall1

Every two weeks
    so would you have to pay for the following morning?

Every two weeks
    Arrive on site Sunday evening 4th of April at 7:30pm if camping and no later than 8:30pm for registration, briefing and to prepare for battle.
    The experience will kick off around 9:00pm and finish around 2:30am Monday morning then it will be a few beers and craic around the fire if you have any energy left!

Prices:
    Sunday night ops: €25.00
    Sunday night and all day Monday €40.00, Games start on Monday morning at 10:30am and finish at 5:30pm.

I hope this helps.

Every two weeks
    yes it helps alot thanks wud u hold these often?

Every two weeks
    Arrive on site Sunday evening 4th of April at 7:30pm if camping and no later than 8:30pm for registration, briefing and to prepare for battle.
    The experience will kick off around 9:00pm and finish around 2:30am Monday morning then it will be a few beers and craic around the fire if you have any energy left!

Prices:
    Sunday night ops: €25.00
    Sunday night and all day Monday €40.00, Games start on Monday morning at 10:30am and finish at 5:30pm.

I hope this helps.
    would you hold these events often cause it sounds great?

• Advertisement

Every two weeks
    yes it helps alot thanks wud u hold these often?

One every month since we opened 2 years ago, we have run the most night games than any site I know off both North and South:) This month we go to about 2/2:30am but in the summer months when the weather is better we run them until first light.

Every two weeks
    ha have to go to 1 ha dont know about tomorrow have kno way of transport and had a day's airsofting today,prob next 1 defo,would you get alot of people

Every two weeks
    ha have to go to 1 ha dont know about tomorrow have kno way of transport and had a day's airsofting today,prob next 1 defo,would you get alot of people
    Anywhere from 20 to 50, experienced players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

Every two weeks
    hey bren i just realised i have that month free pass from the raffle havent used any that still good ps its my birthday 22 2day 22 2day:D

Every two weeks
    roryk1 wrote: »
    hey bren i just realised i have that month free pass from the raffle havent used any that still good ps its my birthday 22 2day 22 2day:D

Yeah no worries Rory;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cathal CSE

Once a month
    its now 7 or 8 of us coming nd camping!!!!!! Tents galore:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Every two weeks
    Haha hopefully I can take part in one of these night events in the future. Had my first game in Fingal yesterday, Absolute blast. Once I get some extra mags (I had 1 and Woof had 6 scattered randomly throughout the zone [That he had to get back during the hail:D]) and an extra battery or two :)

Cheers,
    Ste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Lads, enjoy the night game!

I'll be up in the morning to take on whats left :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Never, I love playing in a flat feild with tyres and pallets as cover!
    Howaya bren, myself and the OH will be over to you tonight, camping (hopefully), but we'll hafta leave around 7am tomorrow if thats ok:D

Talktya soon
    Luca

Every two weeks
    Lads, enjoy the night game!

I'll be up in the morning to take on whats left :D

No problem Jerry;);) See you then.
    lperrozzi wrote: »
    Howaya bren, myself and the OH will be over to you tonight, camping (hopefully), but we'll hafta leave around 7am tomorrow if thats ok:D

Talktya soon
    Luca

Looking forward to having you down on site again Luke;);)

On a side note the weather is looking interesting for tonights game:
    "Tonight will be windy and overcast with rain at times everywhere, and strong southerly winds developing. The rain will be persistent and heavy in the west and north, but should be lighter at times elsewhere. Widespread mist and fog also. Mild, lowest temperatures 5 to 10 degrees."

I do hope we get fog:D:D and maybe the odd shower.

Gates open at 7:30pm for anybody that's camping (which seems to be most people) and be and no later than 8:30pm for registration.

Games start on Monday morning at 10:30am and finish at 5:30pm.

Lock and load;):D:)

Bren

P.S. Awesome games today guys, thanks to everyone who attended we even had a visit from Bob:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Every two weeks
    Only question that remains is when will he be down next? :p great games today, chair man game was great :D not long to go now ;) another hour and a half or so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Better pack the rain gear so :)
    Bren any chance you could pm me woofs number if u have it please ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Night missions Rock!!!! but
    Any chance of trying that game in the day time with a few tweaks to the missions. Would like to try it some Saturday or Sunday as a full day rolling mission, no break game.
    Would be interesting to see how it plays as the dynamics would change in daytime.
    Also it would nice to see some of the hard core milsimers out to see how they apply tactics.

Anyone interested? Iam sure if we can get at least 25 out it would be worth it for Bren.

I can bring 3 to get the ball rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

What can i say!
    EPIC night game, so sneaky that 2 lads walked past 4 of us, got into a base completed the objective and walked back down the hill! :D
    Everything that happened was animal :)
    The weather was sh1te tho and was freezin :P

Thanks again Bren for epic games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CaptainPrice

Every two weeks
    Hopefully I can make some night games over the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Marshal P

epic ni game :Dfunnyest part for me..
    down in bravo base and had a enemy aproaching me
    so from 5 feet took my uzi out and pointed it at his head
    he jus start sayin please just knife kill me hahaha
    great ni great laf around the fire :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Every two weeks
    Marshal P wrote: »
    epic ni game :Dfunnyest part for me..
    down in bravo base and had a enemy aproaching me
    so from 5 feet took my uzi out and pointed it at his head
    he jus start sayin please just knife kill me hahaha
    great ni great laf around the fire :D:D

...........sorry i do not get it, was there any need to point it at the guys head?

Every two weeks
    Puding wrote: »
    ...........sorry i do not get it, was there any need to point it at the guys head?

It's one thing to point it at someone's head..... but it would be stupid to pull the trigger!

Every two weeks
    It's one thing to point it at someone's head..... but it would be stupid to pull the trigger!

unfortunately if the trigger was pulled or not is not given and the over all impression is of someone taking fun from pointing a replica at someones head and scaring that person, which is not good, it is normally accepted good practice to not aim at someones head unless this is the only part visible, of course im unaware of fingals individual site rules so things might be a little different on your site, i stand correct if this is not the case with fingal

Every two weeks
    Jimkil wrote: »
    Night missions Rock!!!! but
    Any chance of trying that game in the day time with a few tweaks to the missions. Would like to try it some Saturday or Sunday as a full day rolling mission, no break game.
    Would be interesting to see how it plays as the dynamics would change in daytime.
    Also it would nice to see some of the hard core milsimers out to see how they apply tactics.

Anyone interested? Iam sure if we can get at least 25 out it would be worth it for Bren.

I can bring 3 to get the ball rolling

Hi Jim,

We could do this;);) but maybe in a couple of months after the foliage grows back and after the upgrades to the site:)
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    What can i say!
    EPIC night game, so sneaky that 2 lads walked past 4 of us, got into a base completed the objective and walked back down the hill! :D
    Everything that happened was animal :)
    The weather was sh1te tho and was freezin :P

Thanks again Bren for epic games :)

Yeah great weekend of airsoft Damo, and how the hell did you let them guys into the base so easily:p:p.

A big thank you to all who skirmished this weekend... it made for some awesome games. And big respect to the battle hardened warriors who braved the elements last night in the night game, and how could I forget my own son who took a dip in the river at the very start of his first night game:p:p he won't forget that in a hurry:D:D

Bren

unfortunately if the trigger was pulled or not is not given and the over all impression is of someone taking fun from pointing a replica at someones head and scaring that person, which is not good, it is normally accepted good practice to not aim at someones head unless this is the only part visible, of course im unaware of fingals individual site rules so things might be a little different on your site, i stand correct if this is not the case with fingal

i was obv not gona pull the trigger!! and yeah its a replica gun welcome to the world of airsoft everygun is a replica!! u say u havent been to fingal airsoft so i dont know y your goin on the tread criticising a great site uve never been to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

Every two weeks

It's not like he would have actually shot the guy in the head from there. I'm certain that a bang kill would have been offered if the guy tried to do anything...but yes, during a night game in particular, there is the added realism effect of having a guy turn around and just make out a gun pointing at his head.

Paddy was in a situation whereby he could have given a bang kill, but the added realism and tension that comes with a night game allows for the kind of situation where someone can turn around and find that someone has managed to sneak right up on them for that kind of shot.

I know there's no way that he would have actually opened fire at the guy's head. That kind of action is not tolerated at Fingal or any other reputable site.

People who play night games get very caught up in the atmosphere, as much as at any milsim event in my experience, hence the guy getting slightly panicked at turning around and seeing a gun pointed at his head, but the same generic airsoft rules apply at Fingal as anywhere else, and there was never any danger of someone intentionally shooting another player in the face from short range.

Every two weeks
    Marshal P wrote: »
    i was obv not gona pull the trigger!! and yeah its a replica gun welcome to the world of airsoft everygun is a replica!!

you clearly missed by point :rolleyes: if as you say 'was obv not gona pull the trigger' then there was obv not need to point it at the guys head then the chest would have been just as good, anyway i only brought it up as a point of good practice and the post did not give a good impression

will leave you to it then, have a good evening

you clearly missed by point :rolleyes: if as you say 'was obv not gona pull the trigger' then there was obv not need to point it at the guys head then the chest would have been just as good, anyway i only brought it up as a point of good practice and the post did not give a good impression

will leave you to it then, have a good evening

as tov said in the previous post! night games are roll play games!! realism makes the talk at the end of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never, I love playing in a flat feild with tyres and pallets as cover!
    and how could I forget my own son who took a dip in the river at the very start of his first night game:p:p he won't forget that in a hurry:D:D

He of all people should know where it is :p That woulda been funny to listen to I'd say:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement