Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HPI Details

Options
  • 14-05-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

i doing a HPI check on an E30 thats still on english plates, but the cúnting website wont recognise any post code i enter, even though i have entered Ireland as the country, how do i get around it?
    is ok juts to put an english post code in?

or am i just better off doin the cartell one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Put in SA7 0EE, thats the DVLA postcode in Swansea. The Cartell check will not check english history so stick with HPI.

The different postcode will matter if you want the cert posted to you, I imagine that they will email you a copy tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

nice one, sound for the quick reply

also the your man gave me 2 nos for the VIN as he had to get someone to check it for him when he was at work,
    the first is 17 digits, a combo of letters and figures,
    the second is just 8 figures, the longer is the VIN, am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do it by phone. Tell them you were trying to do the online one on eBay and they'll only charge you STG£5.99.

really how does that work?
    the car is in the country at the moment, was just never registered as it was brought in for drifting i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Ferris wrote: »
    Put in SA7 0EE, thats the DVLA postcode in Swansea. The Cartell check will not check english history so stick with HPI.

The different postcode will matter if you want the cert posted to you, I imagine that they will email you a copy tho.

Cartell do check english history. I know if you give an Irish reg and it was previously english they will give you 2 reports...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

Try mycarcheck.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

nice one, sound for the quick reply

also the your man gave me 2 nos for the VIN as he had to get someone to check it for him when he was at work,
    the first is 17 digits, a combo of letters and figures,
    the second is just 8 figures, the longer is the VIN, am i right?

The last 7 characters of the longer one should be all you need. Put it into www.realoem.com and see if it matches up.

Ferris wrote: »

it wont let me use the credit card to complete the trans action as the irish address includes the welsh post code.
    is their mileage check just an estimation like catell or is it actually a proper figure measured at the MOT or when it changes ownership?

Advertisement