Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ this evening

Options
  • 14-05-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

How much are the disposable things you can get in Dunnes and the like?

How does it take to heat up etc. Never had one before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

when I saw the thread title I thought you were inviting us all round for beers and burgers.

No idea to your question by the way. I'm not the best BBQ chef, I usually pour the drinks and leave that to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

They cost feck all, you should get 2 for under a tenner. Get at least 2! Light em up, let em burn for at least 20-30 minutes - the flames should die down, the coals should be ashy and very hot throughout. Then start cooking. Make sure your meat is cooked all the way through, and don't mix cutlery used for raw meat with cutlery used for fresh meat. Buy lots of bread rolls or burger buns, chopped onion, Ballymaloe relish and cold beer. Oh, and where's your house? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

cornbb wrote: »
    They cost feck all, you should get 2 for under a tenner. Get at least 2! Light em up, let em burn for at least 20-30 minutes - the flames should die down, the coals should be ashy and very hot throughout. Then start cooking. Make sure your meat is cooked all the way through, and don't mix cutlery used for raw meat with cutlery used for fresh meat. Buy lots of bread rolls or burger buns, chopped onion, Ballymaloe relish and cold beer. Oh, and where's your house? :pac:

Great reply. It would be hard to give you directions to the house so just follow the smell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Great reply. It would be hard to give you directions to the house so just follow the smell. :D

Braaaaains! *drool*

Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

if it's not too late...

don't use them on grass as it cools down the whole affair*, use them on concrete/tarmac/patio

* unless you pour on industrial strength ethanol stolen from a university lab :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Read the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Bumping this for info

I searched around town for the disposable bbq's today and could only find them in M&S.

€4.50 each
    2 for €7.50

Woodies / galway shopping centre I didnt look, so Im guessing they have them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Krieg wrote: »
    Bumping this for info

I searched around town for the disposable bbq's today and could only find them in M&S.

€4.50 each
    2 for €7.50

Woodies / galway shopping centre I didnt look, so Im guessing they have them too

I got mine in tesco for 2.99. That is the small sized one. Larger ones are 7.99 I think.

Advertisement