Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Drimnagh Like??

Options
  • 14-05-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Been lookin at houses in the Drimnagh area...
    anyone have any idea what this area is like??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

I live in Crumlin which is right beside Drimnagh and I’ve never had a problem round here. Although my Mam was mugged in broad daylight about 4 years ago but that was an isolated incident. According to the newspapers there’s a feud between rival gangs in Dublin 12 which has led to a few murders over the last 5 years or so; I’ve never seen anything dodgy.

It’s reasonably close to town, there’s loads of shops and amenities near by, good public transport links (loads of buses and depending what part of Drimnagh you’re in you might be close to the LUAS), parks, swimming pools, hospitals, soccer clubs, GAA clubs and some decent pubs.

It’s a very good place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pretty decent place, my mate lives up on Mourne Rd and never had any trouble when I'm up there. Whereabouts in Drimnagh are you looking as some places are worse than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Move to Killiney, I think Drimnagh is good and everything but wouldn't you like to live in the ''Naples of the British Isles''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

I just moved to Crumlin 2 weeks ago... Its basically the same place...

I love it.. really do..

Lots of kids on the road during the day... Night time is really quiet, well apart from when there was a hoax bomb 2 weeks ago ;) That was interesting.. the whole estate out at 2am...

Move to Killiney

Back arse of nowhere, whereas Drimnagh is loaded with bus routes and the Luas (sorta).

• Advertisement

Back arse of nowhere, whereas Drimnagh is loaded with bus routes and the Luas (sorta).

Yeah but you can say you live near Bono.

I honestly would prefer to live closer to town.

Yeah but you can say you live near Bono.

I honestly would prefer to live closer to town.

Don't get me started on that muppet.:D

There's goods and bads about living near the city. As for Drimnagh as long as you ain't buying near Mr.Foleys' gaff you'll be fine.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mr.Foley is in Crumlin though

I'm aware the two areas border each other

Off topic here, but I love looking from Killiney Hill over the city. There is nothing really striking(our skyline is poor to be fair) but the place looks huge. Sort of inspiring. Same sort of emotion from Total Fitness in Sandyford.

Gav what time does town generally get quiet at? I don't think I've ever been in there past 12, maby a few times.

micmclo wrote: »
    Mr.Foley is in Crumlin though

I'm aware the two areas border each other

Oops.:o

Gav what time does town generally get quiet at? I don't think I've ever been in there past 12, maby a few times.

As in inner city or Dublin 8? Only time I remember being in town after 1 was on Good Friday walking along the Quays, place was like a ghost town (please stand for the national anthem:p). Apart from O'Connell St, D'olier St and College Green I wouldn't see much of town after 12 and usually they are buzzing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Dont Know about during the week... But I'm in town after 3am alot with friends when clubbing... and town does still be fairly busy... Especially on a Saturday... the lenght of O Connell Street, Dame Street, The Quays from Eden Quay heading west, Temple Bar, Grafton Street and Abbey Street...

Basically where there is clubs town is generally busy until the early hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Drimnagh is great - neighbours are really nice, transport is great, big back gardens. The closer to the Children's Hospital the better and all the buses stop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

flynnc8 wrote: »
    Lots of kids on the road during the day... Night time is really quiet, well apart from when there was a hoax bomb 2 weeks ago ;) That was interesting.. the whole estate out at 2am...
    Once Ger isn't dealing drugs, this hopefully won't be a problem.

Advertisement