Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas how to stop reocuring dreams

Options
  • 14-05-2008 4:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I have this re-occring dream at 3am every morning and i even though i wake myself up from it, i kept going back into the same dream until about 5.30am - i am so tired

i am dreaming about absorption costs vs marginal cost and various variance that occur with these and then "in my dream" i have apply the above theorys to love :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stephen365

stop reading the financial times before bed, joking aside when you wake at 3am stay awake for 15-20 mins then go back asleep.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Eschatologist

I used to have recurring dreams where my teeth would ache, fall out, or my jaw would lock up and I couldn't speak. I would even wake up with a stiff jaw and be unable to open my mouth for a minute or two, pretty scary!

I then went to the dentist for a check-up and she told me I needed every tooth filled. Man that hurt... my pocket. I've no idea what absorption costs are, but sometimes your subconscience will try to tell you something urgent through recurring dreams - in my case, if you dream of teeth go to the dentist!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I used to have recurring dreams where my teeth would ache, fall out, or my jaw would lock up and I couldn't speak. I would even wake up with a stiff jaw and be unable to open my mouth for a minute or two, pretty scary!

I then went to the dentist for a check-up and she told me I needed every tooth filled. Man that hurt... my pocket. I've no idea what absorption costs are, but sometimes your subconscience will try to tell you something urgent through recurring dreams - in my case, if you dream of teeth go to the dentist!

Dreams of teeth falling out are pretty common so unless the nation's teeth are in bits it probably wasn't that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Eschatologist

dsmythy wrote: »
    Dreams of teeth falling out are pretty common so unless the nation's teeth are in bits it probably wasn't that.

I suppose; but since I got my teeth sorted I haven't had a single toothy dream - and I was getting them constantly. I probably wouldn't have gone to the dentist at all if my mum hadn't nagged me into it, but since I did the dreams stopped. I know most dreams are symbolic but every so often a literal interpretation works.

Advertisement