Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer CDJ400 versus CDJ1000

• 14-05-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have 2 Technics 1210s and a Pioneer DJM700 mixer.
    I was going to add a CDJ1000 to that but back in December, Pioneer released the CDJ400. My friend purchased 2 CDJ400's along with a CDJ400 mixer which I have mixed with and have to say, they're fairly good to use. The mixing is a bit too simple as it pretty much seems to do everything for you but I want to get the hang of CDJs as nightclubs all over seem to be getting them and I've seen that in some clubs the classic turntables aren't there so it's a matter of being prepared for either a vinyl mixing night or CD mixing night.

The main differences I can see between them (apart from size) is that the CDJ400 can take memory sticks which the CDJ1000 doesn't appear to have. They both have good effects but not worried about them as the mixer has effects too if you really want to jazz things up.

My main issue is, does the feel of mixing differ on a CDJ400 compared to the CDJ1000 because clubs will have the CDJ1000 and not the CDJ400.
    Another reason that I'm considering the CDJ400s instead of the CDJ1000 is that if I throw in an extra 100 yoyo's, I can buy 2 CDJ400s for the price of 1 CDJ1000.

I suppose it's also like this, the direct drive turntable versus the belt drive turntable and the direct drive wins hands up!
    If someone has mixed with both sets of CDJs, please let me know if you find it different mixing from one set to the other.

Feedback welcomed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

you have another option.sell your technics and get 2 cdj 1000s.
    hnestly id say thats the way to go.as for comparison.its like buying a vestax turntable over a technics.
    while the vestax(in my opinon) is the better turntable yourmore commonly going to come across a technics deck in a club and so its better to get used to the equipment that will more than likey be in the clubs.ie the cdj 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

The option of selling the decks is a no go. I won't part with them and have to many vinyls there that require love and attention so it's not an option.

I know what you mean about having the ones they use in the clubs. Only thing is the price of the CDJ1000s. If they feel the exact same to mix on as the CDJ400, well then buying 2 CDJ400s and still knowing what to expect when mixing on the CDJ1000s, your saving yourself a few bob.

Has anyone used both or have their opinion on the matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

well if you wont part with the decks uy one cdj 1000 and practice mixing with the turntables and cdj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CDJ 1000's are club standard and if you ever think of going big this is what you will have tio get used of. Any pro DJ will insist on having them along with 1210's if they intend playing CD's. Most decent night clubs use them. You will always get your money back on CDJ1000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Yeah thanks lads, think it's gonna have to be the CDJ1000s so. Ta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Serato is the way for me, 435€...ebay US powerseller

Advertisement