Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers: This Friday, May 16th

Options
  • 14-05-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Friday seems to be the poll winner. Location?
    I'll suggest:

9:00 at McAlindens

Then likely to the Roisin at the end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

And it looks like I will be here this weekend \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Great - will see you there. Possibly later than 7:30 but I shall be along (back to feeling like a tourist in Galway again after being a month away).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Early start?! Some of us will still be working at that hour :( (after doing a three-hour exam!). The Róisín sounds good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Agh ye bastards. I'm in England. :mad:

eh.... When did we get this? ----> :rolleyes:

I shall hopefully be in attendence. I'll be the boardsie with a red mohawk and patterns shaved into either side of his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Am yet to make a boards drinks session..working the weekend so wont be there unfortunately. enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I suggest a freaking course in planning! 3 threads to sort out beers? I'm unimpressed! :p

janeybabe wrote: »
    I suggest a freaking course in planning! 3 threads to sort out beers? I'm unimpressed! :p

Technically the first one was to drum up interest, the scond to set a date and the third to make a lsit of all those planning to attend.

I'm actually quite impressed by the thought and planning which has thus far gone into the event.

I'm impressed that it was sorted out in the end!

I didn't expect anything less from the clearly fine and upstanding people who frequent this forum.

Ooops, sorry, thought I was in AH for a minute!

Ooops, sorry, thought I was in AH for a minute!

Bit of a low blow there. :D

If this was After Hours then the meeting place would more than likely be "Your Ma's house" and we'd all end up argueing till someone mentioned those damned foreigners taking all our beers before the thread was locked.

• Advertisement

LOL I jest, I jest! In fairness, I have probably posted in/read the Cork forum about twice whereas I post/read here everyday!

Stupid Galway people, coming in here, taking my Cork accent. (BTW fail! I never had one to begin with!)

Enjoy the beers anyway.

I'm the same. I haven't lived in Galway for nearly 3 years and still read the forum every day. I guess deep down I still long for it's busy streets, many shops and the awesome characters. Then again it could just be the fact that you can go into a shop and buy comic books without being asked if your 5 years old. Damned Eason's staff and their condescending manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

ethernet wrote: »
    Early start?! Some of us will still be working at that hour :( (after doing a three-hour exam!). The Róisín sounds good too.

I guess that's a bit complicated. Let's just say McAlindens at 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i should be there at somestage and possibly the GF too, darko do you still have your 083 number? i'll text you when i get off the bus

There is a beach party o Friday evening in Claddagh beach if you ca stand smelly students!

I was thinking the same thing myself in fairness - tristanc gave the dates and all people had to do was say 'I'll be there on ...'. When did going to the pub become so complicated :)

tristanc wrote: »
    I guess that's a bit complicated. Let's just say McAlindens at 9?
    Grand! A few good pints are just what I need.

ciotog wrote: »
    When did going to the pub become so complicated :)

yesterday, did you not get the memo?

danniemcq wrote: »
    i should be there at somestage and possibly the GF too, darko do you still have your 083 number? i'll text you when i get off the bus

I don't but check your PMs, I'll send you on my new number.

k got your number now i'll text ya when i'm down :) find out where you lot are. can we confirm where we're meeting yet or is it McAlindens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

ciotog wrote: »
    Great - will see you there. Possibly later than 7:30 but I shall be along (back to feeling like a tourist in Galway again after being a month away).

Are you gonna come back to the book club? The one for tuesday week is 'The Doors of Perception'...

Are you gonna come back to the book club? The one for tuesday week is 'The Doors of Perception'...
    Will do, just have to track down a copy of it - does it need to be ordered online or will I be able to buy it locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I think I got the last copy in Dubray.

I'd say go for online, it's incredibly short so don't worry about having enough time to read it :)

/thread hijack

There is a beach party o Friday evening in Claddagh beach if you ca stand smelly students!

One of my mates was trying to convince me to come to it yesterday, but I don't terribly relish being a decade older than everyone at the party ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

tristanc wrote: »
    One of my mates was trying to convince me to come to it yesterday, but I don't terribly relish being a decade older than everyone at the party ;)

Sure you went with me to see thee Dropkicks and I'm around half your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Did he give you sweets and then try and touch you inappropriately?

Sure you went with me to see thee Dropkicks and I'm around half your age.

Ah, but the dropkicks concert - not everyone half my age. A lot of my mates in this town are a decade younger than I, it seems to be the nature of the beast here. It's when there's 200 people a decade younger and then me that I draw the line.

I require critical mass. Ie mixed older and younger crowd - grand. Only old dude among the young 'uns - I'll be self-conscious. Nude beach - totally down with it. Naked among a bunch of dressed people - hell no. Drunk in a festival with a bunch of people on the tear - great craic. Only drunk person amongst a crowd of sober people - well, we all have our exceptions ;)

MattKid wrote: »

Excuse me? I'd never encourage impressionable youth to be eating gratuitous sugar! Broccoli, carrot sticks, and brown rice. And maybe just a little whiskey.

MattKid wrote: »

I've never understood giving sweets first. Surely they should be given after as a reward for a job well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have fun.

Advertisement