Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers: This Friday, May 16th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Have fun.

Are you coming back up from Limerick on Saturday or really late tonight? Cause people could still be up if it's the later.

The 22nd could still happen for a 2nd boards beers. Or specifically, a boards beers/movie expedition. Indy 4 drinking game - take a swig every time something stupid has been added by Lucas.

PS - actually, is this the sort of city where all the showings on Thursday will be sold out already now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wait so where are we meeting tonight? I'll be the guy in combats (either green shorts or urban long normal ones depending on the sun) and a bright t-shirt. I just gotta know where to be at half 8 or 9 when i get down or is it later we meet up?

edit: tristanc what the hell were you doing up so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

danniemcq wrote: »
    wait so where are we meeting tonight? I'll be the guy in combats (either green shorts or urban long normal ones depending on the sun) and a bright t-shirt. I just gotta know where to be at half 8 or 9 when i get down or is it later we meet up?

Here you go:
    tristanc wrote:
    9:00 at McAlindens

Then likely to the Roisin at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Are we still going down the arch beforehand? I was there last night around 10.30 when a load of gardai came along and laid down the move-along-there-folks smackdown. It was pretty impressive how quickly they cleared the place actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I shall hopefully be in attendence. I'll be the boardsie with a red mohawk and patterns shaved into either side of his head.
    icon_uhoh.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where the hell is McAlinden's?

po0k wrote: »
    Dominic Street apparently. I'm looking forward to my usual trudge around in circles before I stumble upon the place by accident :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

po0k wrote: »

I was about to ask the same question.....

Boards beers belong in the Blue Note! Youngsters today have no respect for the roots of the GBB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

You should all go to Arus Na Gael.

I love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'll be in the Blue Note and the Aras tonight so if I see any faces I recognise I'll say hello!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Had a top night at the King's Head for No Banjo, then onto the Quays for Blue Moose last night.
    Tonight, off to Never say die at Sally Long's
    Tomorrow, Counterparts Rush Tribute at the Quays,

danniemcq wrote: »

Up so late. That was right before I went to bed. Now is up early ;)

McAlindens is the old man pub almost right next to Arus Na nGael. It will be pretty much empty tonight, so we can ID everyone quickly (group that's not the olde men). Gather the group over a pint or two then on to a more lively venue. Not planning on closing out the pub there.

tristanc wrote: »
    McAlindens is the old man pub almost right next to Arus Na nGael. It will be pretty much empty tonight, so we can ID everyone quickly (group that's not the olde men). Gather the group over a pint or two then on to a more lively venue. Not planning on closing out the pub there.
    btw Is there food to be had in McAlindens? Fridge is bare at home so I'll need some nosh (don't want to end up an easy and vulnerable target to Scary French Chick a la RHG)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

And she won't think of finding us there

<<
    -

>>
    -

ciotog wrote: »
    btw Is there food to be had in McAlindens? Fridge is bare at home so I'll need some nosh (don't want to end up an easy and vulnerable target to Scary French Chick a la RHG)

Dry roasted peanuts and crisps. There's the subway across the street and the two chippers and the chinese around the corner near the Roisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Not going to make it tonight guys, I have to work.

/me cries a little and dies a little inside

Looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pictures tomorrow.

RHG: Take care man, stay away from the crazieeeeee ladies

:pac:

Afterthought: Although he never seems to get drunk himself and is often not even drinking, the mere vicinity of Tristanc seems to result in me having a hangover the next day.

Have fun y'all!

dafunk wrote: »

Afterthought: Although he never seems to get drunk himself and is often not even drinking, the mere vicinity of Tristanc seems to result in me having a hangover the next day.

Have fun y'all!
    There's always next weeks session ...

<bells_on>

I'll be there!

<bells_off>

• Advertisement

I can't make it but next Thursday I'll definetly be up.

dafunk wrote: »

What? I've gotten plastered every night I've seen ya (I'm actually a disturbing light weight by this point). If you stayed out past midnight at any point, you'd of seen that ;)

I'm going to catch some last vestige of sun. Then hopefully see someone at McAlindens at 9. Tho luckily, if it's just me staring into my pint at the pub, I'll fit right in there.

What? I've gotten plastered every night I've seen ya (I'm actually a disturbing light weight by this point). If you stayed out past midnight at any point, you'd of seen that ;)

I'm going to catch some last vestige of sun. Then hopefully see someone at McAlindens at 9. Tho luckily, if it's just me staring into my pint at the pub, I'll fit right in there.
    I'll be heading to town around 8, grabbing something to eat and then heading there so should be in about 9 as well.

What? I've gotten plastered every night I've seen ya (I'm actually a disturbing light weight by this point). If you stayed out past midnight at any point, you'd of seen that ;).

I'm old now. I don't do late nights anymore. I need my brainy sleep.

That was great craic, thanks everyone. It ended with my first Galway bonfire and my first Galway bonfire to ocean swim!

I also did my best to not invite the entire bonfire back to my flat for the after party, despite my standard instincts. It's depressing to be old and boring ;)

Alright, I go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

OK who took a picture of Mr Winky with my camera?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Apologies for being unable to come.

Will defo make an effort next time.

Tris, we need to hit a gig soon.

Pictures people we need pictures of the debauchery.

Dammit. And I'm so good at late night drunken nudie swimming.

Mr. Winky? Heheh. Pictures or it didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Just a selection of snaps.

396008664a7757231848l.jpg
    The camera war.

396008664a7757232133l.jpg
    In McAlinden's

396008664a7757232296l.jpg
    Trying to wash down the eye-drops. Priceless. :D

396008664a7757232417l.jpg
    Bitterly disappointed with no CFC-like action this time around.

396008664a7757232641l.jpg
    In the Róisín.

396008664a7757232819l.jpg
    You can run but you can't hide

396008664a7757233515l.jpg
    Beach party.

396008664a7757233226l.jpg
    And again ...

Few more snaps on the Baybo.

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=396008664&PhotoAlbumId=7757212810&PhotoId=7757231848

Advertisement