Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Turns out they do :D
    Hopefully I'll get the money sorted tomorrow, so 3-5 working days, then it should be sent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Big sale on in Komplett tomorrow, according to their FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Do hardwareversand.de not deliver to Ireland? I never ordered anything from them in the past. But when I sent them a sales inquiry today, they told me they didn't deliver to Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I swear to God one of their sales people is trying to sink the company... banghead.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

I asked them if they could ship on weekends to here. The last answer I was expecting was that the didn't ship to Ireland full stop. Maybe the sales rep got "Ireland" mixed up with "Iceland". Eitherway, I'm not going to order anything from a bunch of people who don't know their arse from their elbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

HWVS ship to Ireland with DHL for €30. It's the only shipping option for shipping to Ireland. But, because it's Germany to Ireland, it'll probably take a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

6 days of that on the irish side

It usually takes 2-4 days in Europe, then whatever number of days it always takes DHL's lazy affilates to get it from the depot to your doorstep. In my case 2-3 days, in less fortunate people's case anything up to a week :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm still waiting on my order, they said they received money of the 26th, I was expecting German efficiency to have the order at my door the next day and every day I've gone without new computer it damages the reputation of the Germans a little bit more in my eyes. Do you hear that Germany, I'm very disappointed with you, all of you.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on my order, they said they received money of the 26th, I was expecting German efficiency to have the order at my door the next day and every day I've gone without new computer it damages the reputation of the Germans a little bit more in my eyes. Do you hear that Germany, I'm very disappointed with you, all of you.
    In fairness, the 26th was a Saturday. Shipped on Monday. No reason to expect it before next week. :P

• Advertisement

My calender says the 26th of January was a Wednesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

ScumLord wrote: »
    My calender says the 26th of January was a Wednesday.

He was looking at this month methinks. Anyway I'd guess that it arrived here on the 27th and has been sitting in some an post shed in leitrim since. In about a month they might find it and drop it out to you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Does any online retailer offer free shipping or cheap shipping? All I want it an internal 2.5" SATA hard-drive and maybe a stick of RAM . I don't think these packages should cost €15 or more for delivery and it takes the value out of their prices pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Does any online retailer offer free shipping or cheap shipping? All I want it an internal 2.5" SATA hard-drive and maybe a stick of RAM . I don't think these packages should cost €15 or more for delivery and it takes the value out of their prices pretty quickly.

try here http://www.memoryc.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

komplett.ie are free delivery too. Their RAM is very dear, but other things can be good value.

Elara.ie charge €1.22 if you collect from them.

Amazon.co.uk free if you order from amazon themselves above £25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Monotype wrote: »
    komplett.ie are free delivery too. Their RAM is very dear, but other things can be good value.

Elara.ie charge €1.22 if you collect from them.

Amazon.co.uk free if you order from amazon themselves above £25.
    Can't collect. In Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Piscium

Components bought from Hardwareverstand, such as mobo, PSU, and the like, do they come with instructions in German only, or German and English, or just English?

Is there a good French or Belgian site to buy components? (My French is quite good, unlike my German).

Piscium wrote: »
    Components bought from Hardwareverstand, such as mobo, PSU, and the like, do they come with instructions in German only, or German and English, or just English?

Is there a good French or Belgian site to buy components? (My French is quite good, unlike my German).
    instructions come in english

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Piscium

dwighet wrote: »
    instructions come in english

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Is there any customer support email for HWVS? Want to change my order a bit and don't particularly want to call them, meine Deutsche ist nicht so gut :p

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is there any customer support email for HWVS? Want to change my order a bit and don't particularly want to call them, meine Deutsche ist nicht so gut :p

I used this last time i got in touch with them; [email]webmaster@hardwareversand.de make sure you quote your order number...I also called them and there english is good..[/email]

Not to impressed with hardwareversand, it's been over two weeks since they sent me an email saying they'd received my payment and no sign of the package and no one is replying to my emails.

Tracking number? Odds are its DHL or whatever private courier they've contracted to ship their stuff in this country that's screwed the pooch :o

Solitaire wrote: »
    Tracking number? Odds are its DHL or whatever private courier they've contracted to ship their stuff in this country that's screwed the pooch :o
    An Post. Sigh.

No I screwed up, I didn't realise the case wasn't in stock so I've took the case off the order and ended up getting it €10 cheaper on Komplett.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Quick question about hwvs. When I ordered my goods all were in stock and my order confirmation has them listed as ready for dispatch, my payment was received this morning but when I checked on the individual items, two of them had eta >7 days. Do hwvs keep items once you order them? The last change in my order status were
    "The goods are ready for collection or assembling. " (I'm getting it built for me)
    "The invoice was made."
    That first one makes me somewhat optimistic but I'd hate to suffer one of the long delays they seem infamous for here.

ALSO
    Im pretty new at this so it just struck me that I may need an adapter for the PSU. balls, all I wanted was a pc I could use right out of the box...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Quick question about hwvs. When I ordered my goods all were in stock and my order confirmation has them listed as ready for dispatch, my payment was received this morning but when I checked on the individual items, two of them had eta >7 days. Do hwvs keep items once you order them? The last change in my order status were
    "The goods are ready for collection or assembling. " (I'm getting it built for me)
    "The invoice was made."
    That first one makes me somewhat optimistic but I'd hate to suffer one of the long delays they seem infamous for here.

I think I remember a discussion on this before and it was established that once the order was made the items in stock are held for you until payment is received.

I can't for the life of find the relevant posts, as any search containing the term hardwareversand automatically brings back every second post in the forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

marco_polo wrote: »
    I think I remember a discussion on this before and it was established that once the order was made the items in stock are held for you until payment is received.

I can't for the life of find the relevant posts, as any search containing the term hardwareversand automatically brings back every second post in the forum. :D

Thats a load of my mind, cheers.
    That was such a fast response that you probably missed my edit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

marco_polo wrote: »

It's at the top of this page (well for me anyway @ 50 posts per page or whatever the maximum is).
    giggsy664 wrote: »
    Wait a sec. HWVS is now showing 7< days delivery time on 2 products I've ordered. I've not paid for them yet, but are they held for me until I pay for them?
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Not 100% sure... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't :o
    giggsy664 wrote: »
    Turns out they do :D
    Hopefully I'll get the money sorted tomorrow, so 3-5 working days, then it should be sent :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Monotype wrote: »
    It's at the top of this page (well for me anyway @ 50 posts per page or whatever the maximum is).

That soon ago, either this thread has come full circle or I'm losing it. :eek:

Advertisement