Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options
  • 14-05-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

ah come on PSI.....I've seen it all now.

I was having a laugh with Dub13..you hardly thought I was being serious?

I take it, perhaps it wasn't funny to you...but I had my fun.

PSI has since deleted my comments. Here is the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293794&page=2

The soccer forum got a new mod...a thread was started to greet Dub13. I replied with ''I hope you die'' you know a bit of banter with our new master. PSI replied ''Excuse me'' to which I replied ''Not you PSI. Dub13''

PSI then said ''severely warned'' to which I replied with a roll eye thingy.

The thing is of course I love Dub13...why would I want to hurt his feelings?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

She doesnt quiet grasp your humour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ah come on PSI.....I've seen it all now.

I was having a laugh with Dub13..you hardly thought I was being serious?

I take it, perhaps it wasn't funny to you...but I had my fun.

PSI has since deleted my comments. Here is the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293794&page=2

The soccer forum got a new mod...a thread was started to greet Dub13. I replied with ''I hope you die'' you know a bit of banter with our new master. PSI replied ''Excuse me'' to which I replied ''Not you PSI. Dub13''

In fairness those actions deserved your banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yep, I saw the said post, there was even a :) after the ''I hope you die'' comment.
    Very harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

eo980 wrote: »
    In fairness those actions deserved your banning.
    I agree. to an ousider, those comments would come across as offensive, even tho, they were stated with humor.

I don't think PSI will reconsider his actions, but it's worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

To be honest the OP , should of pm the tghe mod in question before coming onto feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sarge wrote: »
    To be honest the OP , should of pm the tghe mod in question before coming onto feedback.
    a pm might be the best course of action. the only exception to this is amp. :D

btw, Sarge, stop copying my signature! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I gave you a chance to explain. You didn't. I gave you a warning. You snubbed it.

The warning wasn't sufficient, so you got banned.

At any stage if you'd posted or PM'd "look I was only joking" you wouldn't have been banned.

I don't see anything funny with the phrase "I hope you die".

Besides that, in comedy, you need to know your audience.

I'd also PMd you and your reply offered no defence or explanation. You just complained that you were banned.

Instead of addressing the situation or your point of view you came here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol esteban. Getting banned from a mod welcome thread is brilliant. :D

fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

PSI wrote: »
    I gave you a chance to explain. You didn't. I gave you a warning. You snubbed it.

The warning wasn't sufficient, so you got banned.

At any stage if you'd posted or PM'd "look I was only joking" you wouldn't have been banned.

I don't see anything funny with the phrase "I hope you die".

Besides that, in comedy, you need to know your audience.

I'd also PMd you and your reply offered no defence or explanation. You just complained that you were banned.

Instead of addressing the situation or your point of view you came here.

Maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt. He clearly did not mean it in a bad way and does make a good contribution to the soccer forum.

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote: »
    Maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt. He clearly did not mean it in a bad way and does make a good contribution to the soccer forum.

He wasn't banned specifically for his comment. He was banned for the comment and his response to my warning about the comment.

Let me ask you, if you warn someone, and the respond as he did, do you think the warning was sufficient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Was Dub13 offended?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

PSI wrote: »
    He wasn't banned specifically for his comment. He was banned for the comment and his response to my warning about the comment.

Let me ask you, if you warn someone, and the respond as he did, do you think the warning was sufficient?

:( Your sig is quite ironic atm. Give the guy a break - I think you get offended too easily. Just say 'dont let it happen again etc etc'.....then everyones happy. He does make a good contribution to the soccer forum and ive never seen out of line comments from him against mods. Besides he did not mean it the way you have picked it up.

Besides, Its obvious Dub13 and the OP seem to have some sort of a close relationship ;)

estebancambias:
    The thing is of course I love Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

He did get the benefit of the doubt. But then waived it and got banned instead of explaining that it was a joke. Ban deserved imho.

I'll talk to Dub13.

I gave esteban every chance before he got banned and after he got banned to say.

His contempt for the warning got him banned.

He has at no stage offered me an explanation or apologized for his actions. Had he done so, we wouldn't be here and I think any soccer forum regular would acknowledge that.

My sig is intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

+1

What a silly comment to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I actually agree with the mods here, good decision PSI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The 'rolleyes' when asked to explain says to me, "I don't give a toss". Silly thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PSI wrote:
    I gave you a warning. You snubbed it.
    Q.E.D.
    Nothing to do with the comment.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

what happened to sonic Ruu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

To be fair this again was harsh poor ol Esteban. You cant do nothing these days on the soccer forum, I spose in some ways thats a good thing, especially pre Access Requests. Still though PSI he was only taken the michael, and handing bans like this are a little OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Willstev wrote: »
    To be fair this again was harsh poor ol Esteban. You cant do nothing these days on the soccer forum, I spose in some ways thats a good thing, especially pre Access Requests. Still though PSI he was only taken the michael, and handing bans like this are a little OTT.

+1, sad day for boards if you cant have a laugh with a mate on a thread tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

+1, sad day for boards if you cant have a laugh with a mate on a thread tbh.

To be honest I've never conversed with Mr.Dub directly. But in my defence I used a smiley face after the comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd agree with the ban. I can see why PSI would ban someone for being flippant about a warning, and warnings should be treated as serious. If you're going to thumb your nose, what do you expect?

Esteban has been extremely pigheaded when it comes to warnings, such as here, so a little cop on should be learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I dont want to be fighting his corner per se, but he seems very light humored something we need sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How long is the ban for? Any more than a week I'd say is harsh.

Esteban, you should have done this through PMs from the start, not come straight to feedback.

Were you expecting a reaction like was here on Monday to a different Soccer ban, because the circumstances here are very different.

Clearly though, Esteban doesn't wish death on Dub13.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stupid comment, could have been sorted out by an explanation and esteban thought he was above everyone else by expecting people to know what he thinks deep down and read between the lines. Well done, make the mods work harder by wasting their time, deserve the ban just for that, as if it isn't hard enough modding that forum. :rolleyes:

I'd agree with the ban. I can see why PSI would ban someone for being flippant about a warning, and warnings should be treated as serious. If you're going to thumb your nose, what do you expect?

Esteban has been extremely pigheaded when it comes to warnings, such as here, so a little cop on should be learned.

I just thought we were buddys Karl....

I didn't mean anything by this...honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I just thought we were buddys Karl....

But we are. Why'd you think I didn't ban you? :)

• Advertisement

Oh yeah. Cheers.

Advertisement