Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PSI wrote: »
    I think I'll notice if your gf starts posting about soccer as opposed to general chat.
    What about when I'm back?

What if I watch so much football, make her watch it and she gets an interest.

Long shot, I know.
    there would be a 15 minute period there where I would just be inconsolable.
    That's all I wanted to hear.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DesF wrote: »
    She's posting in Soccer?

For jaysis sake.

Is she?

I was planning on using her as a proxy.

MWWWWWWWWWHAWWWWWWWWWHAWWWWWWWW

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

What about when I'm back?

What if I watch so much football, make her watch it and she gets an interest.

Long shot, I know.

A long shot? you have more chance of me wearing that "outfit" to the next beers then that ever happening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

irishbird wrote: »
    A long shot? you have more chance of me wearing that "outfit" to the next beers then that ever happening
    Pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Sherifu wrote: »
    Pics.

LOL...everytime.

• Advertisement

I think my days in the soccer forum are ended. Three bans and out so I hear. I'm sure I got three bans.

Nice knowing you lads and lasses.

The dreaded three strikes rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Come over to the tenpin bowling forum. There's never enough traffic there to have any trouble and also getting three strikes is a good thing. : oldrolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I think my days in the soccer forum are ended. Three bans and out so I hear. I'm sure I got three bans.

Nice knowing you lads and lasses.

Have you even apologised or had the courtesy to reply to PSI's PMs? It'd be fairly harsh if you ended up with a permaban from Soccer for that but tbh, if you haven't done either of the above, you've only got yourself to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I got a reply basically absolving himself of wrong doing.
    I've had no indication of any regret or realisation of the inappropriate actions on estebans part.

I pointed this out to him in a PM prior to his latest posts here.

He hasn't responded.

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    and also getting three strikes is a good thing.
    efc4d95b304fda07379fdfc1a584321b.jpg

I'm honestly not good at saying sorry sometimes. More often than not I think I'm right and have been offended against.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And in this case?

Not wrong or right...not a victim or (whatever the opposite of a victim is)

I think some misunderstanding really played apart. But in fairness if Desf can get banned, and Xavi can get banned I'm hardly immune.

I bit my tonge(quite literally) and apologised though, more so for wasting PSI's time though.

I apologised to MonkeyFudge a few months back for acting the tool. When I'm wrong I will admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's probably for the best with the CL final coming up. 1 less ABU in the match topic :cool:

Unearthly wrote: »
    It's probably for the best with the CL final coming up. 1 less ABU in the match topic :cool:

That so went over my head, but I laughed, even though I have no idea what an ABU is. :pac: (:confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That so went over my head, but I laughed, even though I have no idea what an ABU is. :pac: (:confused:)

Anything But United?

janeybabe wrote: »
    Anything But United?

Cheers.

My ban ends after the match, so don't worry, I'll be in to reflect on a Chelsea victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

If you want though, I could get my cronies to come and have a go at you.?

you called? :D

no, im keeping out of this one, nothing to see here, move along now!

you called? :D

no, im keeping out of this one, nothing to see here, move along now!

Homerjay are you banned too? We should form a break away group.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I'm honestly not good at saying sorry sometimes. More often than not I think I'm right and have been offended against.

lol Well done, you have just made fools of the posters here that were trying to defend you. Maybe your ban is deserved now tbh. Sometimes its probrably best just to say nothing and say sorry. The saying 'when your in a hole stop digging' comes to mind..........:rolleyes:

darkman2 wrote: »
    lol Well done, you have just made fools of the posters here that were trying to defend you. Maybe your ban is deserved now tbh. Sometimes its probrably best just to say nothing and say sorry. The saying 'when your in a hole stop digging' comes to mind..........:rolleyes:

I'm sorry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

tbh i think the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, on both sides of the argument

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd probably move on, get another poster to chat to, but there would be a 15 minute period there where I would just be inconsolable.

I could give you a caring ear to help console you. ;)

BTW I don't believe you're a
    female

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yes take all the angsty banned soccer posters and give them a new forum called the streets of manchester where they can start all sorts of riots and go completely unattended.

Or just start posting your soccer talk in the Thunderdome. Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

esteban isn't a United supporter. I don't think anyway.

esteban isn't a United supporter. I don't think anyway.

Hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ah theyre all animals in there anyway. just because i implied i was under the impression the irish national anthem was partially about killing english people they got all in a huff and started calling me an idiot... the horror, like FreedomSmiley.png

edit: nvm PSI banned that one. I heart you, lady.

I apologize for being misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I'll talk to Dub13.

I gave esteban every chance before he got banned and after he got banned to say.

His contempt for the warning got him banned.

He has at no stage offered me an explanation or apologized for his actions. Had he done so, we wouldn't be here and I think any soccer forum regular would acknowledge that.

My sig is intentional.

"offered me an explanation or apologized "
    I have seen this so many times from Mods and it bloody grates no end.

fine for an explination but why should someone have to apologise if you pick something up wrong.

Sorry if it seems that I am having a go here (and no, I do not have links as I don't go collecting "evidence" for later dates)
    Just in my experience, I have seen mods take something completely different to the poster and the people the poster are conversing with, have it explained that they took it up wrong and then say "all he needs to do is apologise". Just 'cause someone is a mod does not give them automatic right to an apology, often I would be expecting the mod to apologise for jumping the gun with out all information.

anyhoo, a quick "it is an in joke between us" would have helped quite a lot in this case, in all fairness and not a :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

OP imo I think it was clear you were joking but your response to your warning was just silly, you hardly left PSI a choice.
    Poor PSI, you're really earning your cocaine and hookers this week ;)

what about midgets?
    can't forget them!!

cocaine hookers and midgets

Advertisement