Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got my provisional A license today now going to get 125cc moped

• 14-05-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Well passed my theory test today only just mind thankfully did lots of practise. After 7 years on my 50cc going to get a 125cc 4 stroke moped 125 cc Suzuki AN 125- good deals on them at the moment.
    What differences should I notice?
    Asked before but anyone know anything about the New Suzuki AN125 can find no reviews anywhere on the net?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I don't know much (anything) about scooters but a 50cc two stroke will be almost as powerful as a 125cc four stroke although the 4 stroke will be smoother and far more reliable and of course the motor will last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Try a 180cc or a 250cc for better results.

Just stay away from Gilera DNA 180's. Great engine, great look, but dodgy build quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

murphaph wrote: »
    I don't know much (anything) about scooters but a 50cc two stroke will be almost as powerful as a 125cc four stroke although the 4 stroke will be smoother and far more reliable and of course the motor will last longer.

i moved from a 2 stroke 50 cc to a 4 stroke 125 cc a couple of months ago. there is bit more grunt to the 125,average of 25/30 mph faster with throttle fully open. makes a huge difference when driving into a headwind as well as when travelling on a major road,you can actually keep pace with most of the traffic.:eek:

you lose a fraction in take-off speed from a standing start compared to a 50 but you get up to speed pretty quick and being a 4 stroke the wear on the engine isn't as damaging as the 50. the only thing to watch out for is when you're coming up to a junction/roundabout etc. to allow extra distance for braking. i know the route i take into work inside out and you develop a habit of knowing when to lift off the throttle when approaching a junction so you don't have to brake but it took me a few days to adjust to this on the 125 as you're generally carrying more momentum into the junction than previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Well have to say I love my new 125cc the difference is immense. My old bike was a piece of Junk- the acceleration is brillant towards the my rubbish old bike. I am more interested in the acceleration then top speed as it is city driving and need to be sure of getting through gaps etc.
    It is so much quieter and smoother gets up to 70/80k very quickly - not trying to see what it is does as only shiny and new and want to break in nicely.
    I should have changed it years ago :( but I reckon insurance would have been too high. Agree about giving myself more braking time with momentum- know my route extremely well but it is one you have to be constantly vigilant on. Got a big huge lock as well (don't want any scumbag getting it) and even a new helmet so nice to be able to drive without it fogging up in 5secs flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Was going to buy this one, the Suzuki AN 125, but went for the Yamaha vity instead, same price, and seem to have the same specifications more or less. I couldn't find anything about the Suzuki online, same as yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

But why get a 125cc when you get a provisional A License? You'll have to rent a bigger bike to pass the test otherwise you'll only get an A1 License... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Don't really follow!?!

I'm happy enough with a 125, this is an A to B so would never be bothered going any bigger. A1, A...would it make any difference to someone in my case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Don't really follow!?!

I'm happy enough with a 125, this is an A to B so would never be bothered going any bigger. A1, A...would it make any difference to someone in my case?
    Well no, not if you don't mind getting a crappy A1 License... But what if you want something bigger in a few years? You'll have to go through all that cr@p again to get a proper A License! Doesn't make sense to me...

Advertisement