Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development at the former Cloisters pub?

• 14-05-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what they're building beside the Abbey? I've checked the on-line planning permissions and can't seem to find anything for the site.

It looks a big development and I hope some thought was given to blending it in with the historic buildings around it. Seeing as this is Ireland, however, I wouldn't be too certain about that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yeah, I'm very curious to see what they put in there. They'll probably just fill it with overpriced apartments but I'd love to see a decent pub there. The town needs a big pub around there somewhere because everything else on that street isn't properly laid out for the kind of capacities they're getting on the weekends. Knoxes is too narrow. The Kings has closed now too. It always felt crowded even when it had few people in it.

The Cloister was a great spot before it closed. Separate rooms with different music (or none, so you could chat) and the best beer garden ever (although drinking in a monks graveyard is probably tempting fate). The toilets were probably the worst I've ever encountered (you'd often have to vault over a foot deep pool of pee to get to the urinal) but you've got to take the rough with the smooth I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It's going to be a sports bar. They are adding new floors, but I'm not sure if thats going to be part of the bar or something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

How sure are you that its goin 2 be a sports bar?? i heard something more along the lines of rogues!!:confused: ne idea when its opening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I heard it was apartments.... ?? what's the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

I heard it was apartments.... ?? what's the story

Its definitely goin 2 be a new pub & restuarant all thats unsure is when its actually opening!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AC Mortgages

I heard that it was going to be appartments as well! They had problems with planning as far as i know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Had a gander at the on-line planning applications lists and can't find a dicky bird about this site. Very strange.

Advertisement