Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting from premiere pro

• 14-05-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Im used to using final cut but for a while im forced to use premiere. A big problem im having with it is that when i import a video and drag it onto the timeline, in the view box the video have a thick black boarder around it. When i export the edited version it still has this boarder, the video itself is not even half the orginal size and looks a bit pixelated around the edges...another words in comes out looking like muck!!!

Im sure theres a simple setting to change but i cant find it...final cut is so much simpler :S

Need help...thanx ^^

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Grrr...i was so sure someone would be able to reply telling me how fix this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

carbonkid wrote: »
    Grrr...i was so sure someone would be able to reply telling me how fix this :(

check your import settings is all i have, open the capture tool in premiere and post what it says in each option, you may be importing proxy files

Cant find "import settings" anywhere...if i go Edit>>Preferences>>capture... theres 4 options. There are two ticked, "report dropped files" and "Generate batch logfile only on unsuccessful completion".

Dont think any of those options would make difference...in the trim section in Preferences the default is large trim offset: 5 frames.

carbonkid wrote: »
    Cant find "import settings" anywhere...if i go Edit>>Preferences>>capture... theres 4 options. There are two ticked, "report dropped files" and "Generate batch logfile only on unsuccessful completion".

Dont think any of those options would make difference...in the trim section in Preferences the default is large trim offset: 5 frames.

ok is there any option for resolution or anything?? even in the capture window itself? What method fo capture are you using? camera through firewire? deck through firewire? capture card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Richard O' Shea

sounds like your orignal project settings are incorrect. make sure the project settings match your footage (eg pal 720x576 25fps etc) or under project settings you can choose to conform all footage to the project settings (this can be good if you have footage with differant aspect ratios etc) hope that helps

• Advertisement

sounds like your orignal project settings are incorrect. make sure the project settings match your footage (eg pal 720x576 25fps etc) or under project settings you can choose to conform all footage to the project settings (this can be good if you have footage with differant aspect ratios etc) hope that helps

oh yea.. that would have been my next idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

under project settings you can choose to conform all footage to the project settings (this can be good if you have footage with differant aspect ratios etc) hope that helps

It helped me!

Also, check through all of the export settings, using export media (I forget the actual menu heading) and NOT export to Movie or DVD. While these seem the obvious choices, the resolution is fixed, while the final setting on the export menu looks unlikely but is precisely what you want. You can set all your quality and bit-rate settings there for sound and vision.

Im starting from the beginning and theres a load of preset settings or you can make you own settings. Cant find any conform all footage to project settings. Its just .avi files im using this to make mostly anime music videos. All i want is to have the footage to export at the same quality as the the unedited version, with out this black boarder. Final cut must have a different default setting to premiere pro cause i never had this problem before.

Edit/: Just tried a excellent quality anime under the pal settings. This time theres no boarder but the video has lines thought it and there was no volume (volume didnt import into the audio bar).

Advertisement