Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pineapple Fanta...

• 14-05-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

...is delicious.

That is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I nearly got sick. Sorry Des, but I doubt its too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

It's disgusting.

Tastes bubblegummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I nearly got sick. Sorry Des, but I doubt its too great.
    Consider this a warning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

DesF wrote: »
    Consider this a warning ;)

Sorry sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

AFAIK there is not a single drop of pineapple juice in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

rubadub wrote: »
    AFAIK there is not a single drop of pineapple juice in it.

This is the first time that i've heard about it,but I agree that it probably has very little (if any!) pineapple.Sounds delic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I remember reading a while back that they had launched several different flavours in the Fanta range but I've yet to see them in the shops. Where did you pick up the Fanta flavour Des?

eo980 wrote: »
    I remember reading a while back that they had launched several different flavours in the Fanta range but I've yet to see them in the shops. Where did you pick up the Fanta flavour Des?
    It had a weird packaging alright, something like "Fanta World", this one was Africa.

I got it in a Fresh, the one near me in Clare Hall (Darndale/Airport Hilton).

It actually looks pretty similar to this

Fanta_exotica_bottle.jpg

But it's the colour you'd expect a pineapple drink to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cool, thanks Des. I'll keep a lookout.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The one you posted a pic of, Des, Fanta Exotic, is amazing! It's just so tasty!

• Advertisement

What flavours are in it?

If there's any melon at all, bleuch.

Melon has the same chemical in it as Cucumber, that only certain people can taste.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucumber
    There appears to be variability in the human olfactory response to cucumbers, with the majority of people reporting a mild, almost watery flavor or a light melon taste, while a small but vocal minority report a highly repugnant taste, some say almost perfume like. This likely has a genetic basis analogous to the bitter taste, phenylthiocarbamide.

Heh, I'm in that vocal minority :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylthiocarbamide
    Phenylthiocarbamide, also known as PTC, or phenylthiourea, is an organic compound having the unusual property of either tasting very bitter, or being virtually tasteless, depending on the genetic makeup of the taster. The ability to taste PTC is a dominant genetic trait. The test to determine PTC sensitivity is one of the most common genetic tests on humans.

About 70% of people can taste PTC, varying from a low of 58% for Aboriginal people of Australia and New Guinea to 98% for Indigenous peoples of the Americas. One study has found that non-smokers and those not habituated to coffee or tea have a statistically higher percentage of tasting PTC than the general population. There is conflicting evidence whether a higher percentage of women taste PTC versus men.
    I smoke a lot, and LOVE tea. :(

I swear to god, I'm violently allergic to that stuff.

I can smell Cucumber and Melon on plates the other side of restaurants, and it makes me horribly sick for hours if it passes my lips.

All of my friends slag me off for not eating Cucumber and Melon, I'm going to email each and every one of the bastards them links.

Advertisement