Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communting from Arklow to Dublin - options?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here commutes from Arklow to Dublin on a daily basis?

I am interested in getting to the Ballsbridge area.

Does the train stop at the Lansdowne? How long does it take? Is it worth the hassle?

What about driving by car?

All ideas welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Forget about the car if you work normal office 9-5 hours.
    The traffic and fuel bills will kill you.
    If you have kids, they won't know who you are when you get home.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Supercell wrote: »
    Forget about the car if you work normal office 9-5 hours.
    The traffic and fuel bills will kill you.
    If you have kids, they won't know who you are when you get home.
    I completely agree. Bray to Ballsbridge can be over an hour at rush hour. I think the train does stop in Lansdowne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Morning trains

Dep Arklow|Arr Lansdowne
    0613|0745
    0659|0836

train back is at 1736 from lansdowne.

or you could drive to greystones and get the Dart - would give you more flexibility (and theres a free carpark which is easily accessible from the N11)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

loyatemu wrote: »

or you could drive to greystones and get the Dart - would give you more flexibility (and theres a free carpark which is easily accessible from the N11)

Most of the people I know commuting from there are taking that option these days, traffic up as far as Bray is not too bad.

The Arklow train is much more comfortable than the one they used to have a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

I'm comming from near Arklow and I work in the Four Courts, I drive to Bray and get the dart to Tara st., I've found that to be the quickest way and the most cost effective. If you're parking in Greystones and getting the dart you need to take into consideration that the darts running to Greystones are not regular and also there's about a €4 difference I think it is in the price between a ticket from Greystones and a ticket from Bray, with Bray being the cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Abrean wrote: »
    I'm comming from near Arklow and I work in the Four Courts, I drive to Bray and get the dart to Tara st., I've found that to be the quickest way and the most cost effective. If you're parking in Greystones and getting the dart you need to take into consideration that the darts running to Greystones are not regular and also there's about a €4 difference I think it is in the price between a ticket from Greystones and a ticket from Bray, with Bray being the cheaper.

How much does this cost you per week roughly?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Edit: all off topic crap has been moved to the recycle bin.

Any problems with this, go to the feedback forum or send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not a problem,just don't think it's cool to threaten people,that's all!

For the last time - feedback forum or PM if you have a problem with the moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Supercell wrote: »
    How much does this cost you per week roughly?

Taking petrol and the dart into consideration it roughly costs me between €70 and €80 euros a week travelling up and down.

A dart ticket from bray into the city centre costs €4.30 return each day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement