Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10,000th post ..... I will not be discouraged!

Options
  • 14-05-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

This is my 10,000th post despite someone deciding it would be funny to knock a number off! Will that stop me? Will it fuck!

So on with the show.

I'd just like to thanks all the Admins, Mods and posters alike for a great time over the last almost 3 years (3yrs next month). I've met some great people on here and look forward to meeting lots more. A big shout out to the paranormal forum where I spent most of my early days on here before branching out to irritate, annoy and mingle with rest of my fellow Boardsies.

Special mention to Stoner, monkeyfudge, grimes, Dre as in Drey who I call my fellow PIGs IRL. I've gotten some great support on here in my time and wont go into naming names but there are some here who have always got kind words to say ... they've kept me from walking away a few times.

Its not just the people who are nice to me that make this place so special for me, even Azezils accusations of sexual assault are part of why I log in every day.

Hell I'd even like to thank the asshole who posted saying I was in a coma, if it wasnt for him I'd never have experienced first hand how the posters on here can come together to support each other.

I've smiled when I've read about people I've never met doing well, I've been close to shedding a tear after reading about the passing of boardsies I will never get to meet. This place is more than just a website, its a community and one that I am very proud to be part of. My wonderful wife is a Boardsie, I have a sister on here and a future brother-in-law but I dont see that as the extent of it ... I hope Boardsie will be there in the future for my 2 kids and would like to think that in some way that doesnt make me sound like a ghey that Boardsie is a family in itself.

Thanks Boards and Boardsies alike. Heres to my next 10,000 posts!

Now, could some CuLT fix my postcount!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lmao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Ha ,1000 , N00B :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

oK 3,007(now 8) is way too obsessive. Imagine if I was still in AH. I need to get off Boards, or I'll end up with 10,000 posts in just under three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Oh 6th your such a softie!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

That was lovely 6th, my cockles are aglow! I like reading your posts, they always gaurantee a good reaction! Can I ask why you went back to
    6th? Sorry if you covered it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I went back to 6th coz even when I was Sabotage I was still called 6th ... I did like the new name but sure I am who I am.

Crikey , you were sabotage, I never knew that was you. I must not be hanging out at after hours as often.

Willstev wrote: »
    Crikey , you were sabotage, I never knew that was you. I must not be hanging out at after hours as often.

Alot of people didnt cop or couldnt give a fudge, was a nice break from being 6th.

• Advertisement

It was pretty cool, I began seeing this sabotage bloke everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I have idea who you are, but I feel I know way too much about you.

/shudders :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Well done 6th.

I prefer '6th' by a margin fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Who is 6th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

6th wrote: »

Hell I'd even like to thank the asshole who posted saying I was in a coma, if it wasnt for him I'd never have experienced first hand how the posters on here can come together to support each other.

Is there a link to that? Thats pretty low :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I prefer
    6th
    . Dunno why but
    Sabotage
    didn't appeal to me.
    Simplicity wrote: »
    Is there a link to that? Thats pretty low :/
    Deleted afaik.

Congrats on the milestone when you get it back. Hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

RotatingYoungOldWoman.gif
    well done to your 10,000th post;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

When I grow up I want to be a 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I don't get why people didn't know who sabotage was. In fairness you just have to read what forum the poster mods to get a clear idea of who they are.

Yeah I have to say I like auld 6th. I didn't at first as I thought you were just incredibly annoying, cheesy and somewhat of an attention whore as someone once put it. And while I do think that still to a certain extent I reckon you're a pretty sincere guy and boards is certainly the better place for having you. I've often been off the mark with my first impressions of someone as is the case with yourself.

However I still can't believe they made you a mod! :eek:

eo980 wrote: »
    However I still can't believe they made you a mod! :eek:

Honestly? Neither can I! ... oh and cheers for the nice words ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Honestly? Neither can I! ... oh and cheers for the nice words ;)

No worries, you're very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

6th is so 2005 - I'm looking forward to 9th....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nice 10k post 6th.

So nice that I might just steal it and pass it off as my own in a few days time...muhahaha...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Alot of people didnt cop or couldnt give a fudge, was a nice break from being 6th.

I always give a fudge!
    6th is so 2005 - I'm looking forward to 9th....

Didn't you hear? Seven ate Nine!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I could rant on and give a speal about 6th. But I wont. Ill summarise it instead.

6th rocks.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tee hee. Rb_ie is gonna have his post count deleted by friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was just about to ask how come 6th is 6th again :D
    Congrats 6thy! Here's to another 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

<3 6th. I want to have your babies.:eek:

...and they say the 7th child is always the best? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

im happy 6th is back :) his 6th persona is much more approachable than sabotage. sabotage just seemed a bit growly to me.

unless that was his point in being sabotage. hmmm

heres to 10k more posts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

6th is COOL. Sabotage was a bit of a poohead tho tbh. <3

Advertisement