Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10,000th post ..... I will not be discouraged!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Congrats 6th. gg K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cool I will no longer have the beastie boys playing in my head when reading your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cool, a lot of my fav posters have posted in this .... you guys know who you are ;)

Now I just have to get my 9,000 posts back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Thats was tres lol :D

• Advertisement

Can the admins give Sabotage minus posts, say... minus 100,000 so that it would take him at least another year to get to 0?

Or else run a script changing it to a different number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Myth wrote: »
    Can the admins give Sabotage minus posts, say... minus 100,000 so that it would take him at least another year to get to 0?

Or else run a script changing it to a different number.
    A script that randomly changes it every time he posts. That'd be awesome.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm going to keep my gob shut about 10k anyhow, just in case. I think I have another 10 or so months anyhow.

Well done 6th anyhow. We haven't crossed paths too often here, but it's hard not to know who 6th is to some extent at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Six is the second smallest composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2 and 3. Since six equals the sum of these proper divisors, six is a perfect number. As a perfect number, 6 is related to the Mersenne prime 3, since 21(22 - 1) = 6. The next perfect number is 28.

Six is a unitary perfect number, a harmonic divisor number and a highly composite number. The next highly composite number is 12.

5 and 6 form a Ruth-Aaron pair under either definition.

The smallest non-abelian group is the symmetric group S3 which has 3! = 6 elements.

S6, with 720 elements, is the only finite symmetric group which has an outer automorphism. This automorphism allows us to construct a number of exceptional mathematical objects such as the S(5,6,12) Steiner system, the projective plane of order 4 and the Hoffman-Singleton graph. A closely related result is the following theorem: 6 is the only natural number n for which there is a construction of n isomorphic objects on an n-set A, invariant under all permutations of A, but not naturally in 1-1 correspondence with the elements of A. This can also be expressed category theoretically: consider the category whose objects are the n element sets and whose arrows are the bijections between the sets. This category has a non-trivial functor to itself only for n=6.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Pff. Postcount is meaningless. Feb 1998 join date - that's what gets you the coke & hookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

JAYSUS 1998 i thought i was cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

10,000 posts and nothing said in any one of them.An amazing achievement to make yourself your own topic of conversation for three years.

Tigger wrote: »
    Six is the second smallest composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2 and 3. Since six equals the sum of these proper divisors, six is a perfect number. As a perfect number, 6 is related to the Mersenne prime 3, since 21(22 - 1) = 6. The next perfect number is 28.

Six is a unitary perfect number, a harmonic divisor number and a highly composite number. The next highly composite number is 12.

The smallest non-abelian group is the symmetric group S3 which has 3! = 6 elements.

S6, with 720 elements, is the only finite symmetric group which has an outer automorphism. This automorphism allows us to construct a number of exceptional mathematical objects such as the S(5,6,12) Steiner system, the projective plane of order 4 and the Hoffman-Singleton graph. A closely related result is the following theorem: 6 is the only natural number n for which there is a construction of n isomorphic objects on an n-set A, invariant under all permutations of A, but not naturally in 1-1 correspondence with the elements of A. This can also be expressed category theoretically: consider the category whose objects are the n element sets and whose arrows are the bijections between the sets. This category has a non-trivial functor to itself only for n=6.

Wait, what? Am I awesome or what?
    Degsy wrote: »
    10,000 posts and nothing said in any one of them.An amazing achievement to make yourself your own topic of conversation for three years.

Posts made in TD dont go onto your post count so you must have way more than 10,000 .... then we can add in the posts made by your duplicate accounts, you know, when you aint got the moxy to say what you want to say.

6th wrote: »
    Wait, what? Am I awesome or what?

Posts made in TD dont go onto your post count so you must have way more than 10,000 .... then we can add in the posts made by your duplicate accounts, you know, when you aint got the moxy to say what you want to say.

What duplicate accounts?I think i'm pretty well known for saying what i want to say :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'd just like to thanks all the Admins, Mods and posters alike for a great time over the last almost 3 years. I've met some great people on here and look forward to meeting lots more. A big shout out to the body modification forum where I spent most of my early days on here before branching out to irritate, annoy and mingle with rest of my fellow Boardsies.

I am a post count whore and I love attention, lavish it on me! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hello, I enjoy this site on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure nobody gives a crap what I think or say.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Tigger wrote: »

pfft, Ordinal > Cardinal.

Well done 6th!

tbh wrote: »
    hello, I enjoy this site on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure nobody gives a crap what I think or say.

I do, you're one of the people who's posts I take on board. You tend to call it like you see it, I respect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

:o

No need for you to self-publicise i reckon.Take that as a compliment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

+1 and I don't see why anyone on boards should think of themselves differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yep with all that KYN spam you really deserved this 6th FreedomSmiley.png

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think i'm pretty well known for saying what i want to say :confused:
    No need for you to self-publicise i reckon.Take that as a compliment.

!

yea seriously max how many times you been reset now? How many posts do you really have? :p

As appears to the left believe it or not. I'm a quality vs. quantity type person.

Coke & hookers excluded of course.

I guess I just keep one hand on the keyboard at all times :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Overheal wrote: »
    I guess I just keep one hand on the keyboard at all times :p
    shakes the other hand:p!

davey180 wrote: »
    shakes the other hand:p!

you do not want where the other hand has been.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Congrats 6th, for the record I always found Sabotage quite approachable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Congrats, now to start a campaign
    FREE THE BOARDS 9 thousand

Advertisement