Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10,000th post ..... I will not be discouraged!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh now c'mon. Why can't we all just get along eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ah, but you gotta love the pictures man, those were priceless, worth any amount of hatred! :D
    Lol very true, they're creative, I'll give them that :D

Eo980, change your name back man!

rb_ie wrote: »
    Lol very true, they're creative, I'll give them that :D

Eo980, change your name back man!

Ahh I don't know, I always hated that name. Heh Heh I can put a little reminder for you under my new name if you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ahh I don't know, I always hated that name. Heh Heh I can put a little reminder for you under my new name if you want!
    How about Eo90210?

rb_ie wrote: »
    How about Eo90210?

Ho Ho Ho - Oh you are a funny guy! But seriously no, I'll have to pass on that. :pac:

C'mon, you're a smart guy, you can remember it's me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I like Kintarō Hattori, it's Japanese.

I like Kintarō Hattori, it's Japanese.

So do I. Apart from Japan having a very interesting culture and history, Kintarō Hattori was Mr. Seiko.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, might as well put it in here as anywhere else.
    This is my 10,000th post.

:)

I'd like to echo what 6th said, and thank all the Admins, Mods and posters alike for all they've done over the past five years, so here goes.

I've been lucky enough to have seen and helped with the start of a national forum for all those in my sport and the wider shooting community, which has led to a lot of reforms in how we administer the sport, all for the better despite the difficulty in pushing them through. The forum played - and still plays - a major role in improving relations between the shooting and hunting communities, bringing people into the sport, and in informing people as to what's going on with respect to legislative changes (the forum covered the largest changes in history to the Firearms Act and we saw questions posed in the forum being asked on the Dail floor and we even made changes to the legislation as a result).

We've seen the forum go from derided, to actively opposed, to being a fact of life in the shooting community and read daily by the Department of Justice and the Gardai and the National Governing Bodies.

We've broken news stories there, we even organised the largest grassroots protest by shooters in the history of the state which successfully repealed a licence fee hike and helped to bring about the formation of the Firearms Consultative Panel which has for the first time brought together the shooting associations, the Gardai and the Department of Justice to better implement and design firearms legislation so that we can have our sport, they can prosecute criminals, and the public safety is safeguarded.

We reported on competitions, training, and every other aspect of shooting. We've covered Irish athletes as they train and compete internationally and win medals in competition. We've seen shooters help each other train and compete and maintain their equipment and find clubs and buy kit and do the million and one other things in our various sports.

We've answered more questions to more people than I can count, with a total of almost 50,000 posts in over 3,600 threads. We've weathered lawsuits and threats and general naysaying to bring forth probably the best place on the web for the Irish shooter, and it's all down to the Admins and Mods and Posters who've helped over the years. Not too shabby to my way of thinking :)

So thank you DeVore, Vexorg, RuggieBear, Civdef, Jaycee, Rew, Rovi, IRLConor, Vegeta, and all the posters from all the years we've been working on this.

Here's to the next five years and the next 10,000 posts, and CuLT bringing back my preferred rolleyes smiley :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Congrats Sparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Congrats and well done. Took you long enough but still I'll hold onto the creme egg for you ;)

• Advertisement

Well, I had to hold down a job while cranking up the post count there 6th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

the admins should post everyone who gets >10k posts a créme egg...
    :pac:

Sparks wrote: »
    Well, I had to hold down a job while cranking up the post count there 6th ;)

And I had to hold down YORE MA!

Seriously though, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote: »

Seriously though, well done.

Wow.. and you've racked up another 100 posts since you started this thread.

6th wrote: »
    Yeah, well your ma held me down so there :P

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    the admins should post everyone who gets >10k posts a créme egg...
    :pac:

Now that's not a shabby idea at all.

Battered and deep fried! :D

Battered and deep fried! :D

Is that possible with a creme egg?

Yes, and they're lovely.
    The tightening sensation around your chest and upper arm is a bit annoying though.

Yes, and they're lovely.
    The tightening sensation around your chest and upper arm is a bit annoying though.

Quit whining, its all part of the experience!

• Advertisement
Advertisement