Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Lady Owner"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Do you think anyone cares whether the car they buy was previously driven by someone caught drink driving :confused:

Here are the reasons I would never buy a car off a woman:

1. They have no appreciation for the need for an engine to warm up. Any woman driver I know drives the stones out of their car from cold.

2. Women drive their cars everywhere in second gear. My mother doesnt even know what 5th gear is id say. Id prefer a fella to drive at 90mph in fifth gear on hte motorway than 60mph in 3-4th gear as some women I know do.

3. Women for the most part have no technical knowledge of cars. That means oil goes unchecked, engine lights get ignored and suspension knocks are confused with the groceries bouncing around in the boot.

In fact id go as far as to say id buy my car on the condition of the seller as much as the car if you get my drift!

Do they really? Cant say i have noticed that.
    Maybe some yes, but men can be as ignorant to the mechanics of a car as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

tiredmam wrote: »
    Is there a roll your eyes emoticon anywhere???

There was - they killed him.rolleyes.gif

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

kbannon wrote: »
    I think I love you! :o

I love you too :D

p.s. that I drive like mad doesn't mean that my car is in bad condition (it's just that engine won't last long). I get it servised on time, check oil/coolant levels, tyre pressure and other stuff. I wash it twice a week (sponge and a bucket, starting from the roof & working down) and sometimes wax it too. my car is the shiniest car in whole estate I swear to god :D
    the problem is that it's only 1.0l micra and I have to push it realy hard to make it move :D I kinda expect the same performance from it as my honda cbr250 can deliver (I know I know I'm being very optimistic here, lol, I mean unreal). In this case I should be looking for some 4 wheels with power/weight ratio of 250bhp/ton :D

and moving back to the topic: yes, women are hopeless with cars sometimes. real example: here is my sister asking to borrow my little micra. ok I say, if you get some petrol into it ;) no problem, she says. and later she comes back with no petrol and says 'er I didn't get petrol because I didn't know how to open that little door to get to the petrol tank tap' (you pull the knob on the right of the steering wheel on it pops up open, you stupid!).
    another case: when the engine blew up on her punto. she said 'errr I saw that red light (engine overheating warning) on the dash comming on, but I didn't think it was important'. lol. 800 euros for engine replacement was nothing too. :D

ok, and afterall when I decide to get rid off my micra I'm gonna say 'careful lady owner' in my ad. just for the sake of it :D

Advertisement