Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RROD, or maybe not

• 14-05-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Come on, surely I'm not the only one to have done this

Had the 360 stored away and just hooked it up. Hit the power switch and see four flashing segments, a full circle. :eek:
    A stream of expletives ensue as I madly calculate when this console was bought and am I under warranty or not.

Luckily I copped on that the cable to the TV wasn't connected so sorted that and all good now. A full red circle is the error message for this.

Always seemed strange to me that the RROD is not even a full ring!
    Anyone else want to admit to this? Or is it just me? :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Happened me once or twice, then I got the real thing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Happened me the very first time i hooked it up at Xmas 2006. Nearly shat myself but then i read the manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Yea, nearly gave myself a heart attack a few months ago with it, then I got the real deal this month :<

Just goes to show how notorious the red ring is now that even seeing anything red on there xbox gives 99% users a heart attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Happened to my girlfriend when she was playing her brothers xbox. She was so odd about it, she called me up and told me in a deadly serious voice that I had to come over because there was a big issue she didn't want to talk about over the phone (her bro was in the background but I didn't know that). Course this has me going through "the scares" - pregnant, fatal sickness, ill, death in family, break-up etc.
    So I was very happy when I saw what it was and checked the cable. Then of course I made sure to ridicule her for being so cryptic and causing me stress! :D

When I got my own real red ring I tried diddling with the cables in the vain hope that they were to blame :p

Advertisement