Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop Front Security

Options
  • 14-05-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am leasing a shop and would like to have some sort of security on the windows and door. Its a small shop 26 square meters. Would anyone have any idea how much roller shutters cost or a cheaper way like putting up some sort of interior shutter that i could take down each day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I had a shop and used outer grills.

There were hooks embedded in the concrete wall at the top of the window, and two holes drilled in the window sill. So the grill slipped over the hooks and had two pronges which sat into the drilled holes in the windowsill. It had a large window, so I had them made in two pieces. Then the whole lot was padlocked. Also had one over the door too. They were incredibly heavy and a pain in arse to remove and replace everyday, but worth it for the peace of mind.

Ask your landlord to contribute to the cost of them as they're not something you can take with you, and are a bonus to his premises. (Mine laughed at me!)

The problem with shutters can be visibility, if you want to advertise via your windows, shutters can be too obstructive. The grills ain't pretty, but they are secure and you can see through them.

Mine cost about e600. Large window and door.

Edit: Think about storage for them also. Mine had to be dragged through the shop and stored in the back, but were really in the way alot.

Advertisement