Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Editor for Mac?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good, well-featured wave editor for Mac, basically a Mac equivalent of Soundforge. Audacity is grand for the basics but I plan on creating some multisampled instruments soon, I found Soundforge to be fantastic for the job in a past life (it has a nice "sample tuner" and too many other great features to mention) but I'm a Machead now!

Failing that, can anyone explain to me whether Logic's wave editor would be up to the job? I'm too tired/lazy to fire it up and try it for myself :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

cornbb wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a good, well-featured wave editor for Mac, basically a Mac equivalent of Soundforge. Audacity is grand for the basics but I plan on creating some multisampled instruments soon, I found Soundforge to be fantastic for the job in a past life (it has a nice "sample tuner" and too many other great features to mention) but I'm a Machead now!

Failing that, can anyone explain to me whether Logic's wave editor would be up to the job? I'm too tired/lazy to fire it up and try it for myself :pac:

http://xserve1.bias-inc.com:16080/products/soundsoap2/

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Soundtrack Pro is really good and you should already have that.
    For CD prep waveburner is brilliant for editing start and ends, doing fades and crossfades etc.
    DSP Quattro is a great alternative to peak
    http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuattro/Asp/Index_EN.asp
    €119 is a great price for it too.
    As Dav says, Bias Peak pro the industry standard for mac. Sound soap is more for audio restoration.
    Audacity is good too and is FREE!!
    These are all good options, but as I say soundtrack pro and waveburner are very good and are part of Logic Studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I use Bias Peak.

I still really miss Soundforge, 4 years later.

People always talk about Audacity because its free, but any time I've used it, I've found it unstable and clunky. :rolleyes:

Advertisement