Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do when you can't draw?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I've had a really tough year, and I want to get something that is symbolic of me having come out the other side. I've a really specific idea of how I want it to look, but I can't draw to save my life. What do I do? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Draw it out as best you can, or get a close friend to draw em who is good at art. then bring it to prospective tattoo artist, tell em about your plans and see what they come up with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Wilburt wrote: »
    Draw it out as best you can, or get a close friend to draw em who is good at art. then bring it to prospective tattoo artist, tell em about your plans and see what they come up with

+1

I'm the same. Can't draw for s**te but want to get something special drawn in memory of my mother passing away 4 years ago this summer. Been thinking about it since it happened, and only now have I decided on a design (97% anyway). Luckily I found a friend who has designed tattoos for other people who said he would like to help me out if I can describe the design. Though He improved what I wanted in less than a minute once I told him my plan. Always good to get an outsiders view too, especially when it is someone artistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

stick people/designs with arrows pointing to bits saying how you want it to look :D or google images combined with the power of microsoft paint... (or photoshop if you can use it...)...

something as rough as the above, and then explain it to the artist, and see what tehy sketch up. i know a lot of artists here will actually sketch things up for a tenner or something even if they're not gonna be the ones to ink it.

Advertisement