Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand Visa

• 14-05-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone got advice for getting a Visa for Thailand. I looked up the Thai consulate site but they don't have an office and won't take cheques and I'm not going to send them cash in the post.
    Is it possible to get a Visa over there? We'll be arriving in Bangkok and will only be in Thailand for about 10 days before going to Laos, then we'll be heading back to Thailand about a month later. Do I need a double entry Visa for this? Seems a bit stupid having to pay €40 for 10 days in the country when they give out automatic 30 day Visas for free to tourists who have outward flights booked within that period.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

30 day visa on arrival. No prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Yeah it's just they say on the website that you must have an outbound flight within 30 days of arrival to get the automatic Visa and our flight doesn't leave Bangkok 'til 2 months later but we won't be in Thailand for all that time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yeah it's just they say on the website that you must have an outbound flight within 30 days of arrival to get the automatic Visa and our flight doesn't leave Bangkok 'til 2 months later but we won't be in Thailand for all that time...

Ah yes I really should have read your post more carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i got the 30 day visa on arrival last year, wasnt asked for a return flight ticket and i re entered the country two more times without being asked for one. im going over again next week and il be getting the visa on arrival again, my return flights not till september. if your worried just book a cheap air asia flight to cambodia or somewhere and show them that if they ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

You'll be fine. Did the same myself last year and flew into Bangkok and only had onward flights booked for two months time. I reckon we only spent about a week in Thailand before travelling around Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam, passing over and back through Thailand a few times. Each time we just got the 30 day visa on arrival stamped in our passports and once you had somewhere to stay written on your arrival card, they were happy with that. We were never asked to show any details of having booked onward flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thai Immigration never bother looking for onward flights. It can be enforced by the airline though. Last week I was asked in Sydney Airport to show an onward flight before they let me check in. Luckily that never seems to happen in Dublin.

Advertisement