Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent in kilkenny

Options
  • 14-05-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Just looking for peoples opinions on where to look out for to rent in kilkenny. I'm working in the city centre and currently have a place so its just something Im keeping an eye on for when I move,

any areas within walking distance of town or in the town centre that people would recommend to look at/avoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

College Road is great - really near and nice area.

Its not really walking distance but I lived in Parc na Gowan (well 20-25 mins walk) and the house was beautiful. Really quiet area also.

Dont recommend Johns Gate, Lintown or Robertshill.
    Theres places aswell out on the callan road that I heard are TINY so steer clear also (used to work in estate agents).

If it was me though and I was to do it again id try get an apartment in town. In Kilkenny even being more than a 10 min walk from the centre can be isolating.

Happy looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

ah ok thanks for your reply, yeah living in parc na gowen at the mo its grand and like you said the houses are lovely i dont mind the walk into town to much most mornings but would prefer to be somewhere city centre, off to daft i go so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Plasticfantasti

HI Beatnikdub,

Just noticed your post on not living in Robersthill ! Ive rented for 5 years in Robersthill and its fine, the house has plenty of space, more than a standard 3 bed house. Its five minutes from the town and is just as quiet as any other estate in town.

Theres a residents group also which does cleans up and is trying to get the front finished also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

HI Beatnikdub,

Just noticed your post on not living in Robersthill ! Ive rented for 5 years in Robersthill and its fine, the house has plenty of space, more than a standard 3 bed house. Its five minutes from the town and is just as quiet as any other estate in town.

Theres a residents group also which does cleans up and is trying to get the front finished also.

My old thread! I moved into Robertshill shortly after this thread.

I agree with you that Robertshill is fine, a short walk to town (or a drunken walk home after a night out). I'm only renting so the front doesn't really bother me but it isn't the nicest of entrances alright.

Advertisement