Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's a '97 Hyundai Coupe worth with 80k on the clock?

Options
  • 14-05-2008 11:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What's a '97 2.0L Hyundai Coupe worth with 80k on the clock?

In good condition, needs a few niggly jobs done, nothing much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NCT?

I'd say around €1,000-1500. they're not as desirable as a 1.6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

colm_mcm wrote: »
    NCT?

Not current, off the road for a while - would *probably* pass though.

€1000 so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That's about what I thought.

Offer of 1500 'as is' from a passer-by seems not too bad then.

I've heard some stories of bogus €100 notes being used for this type of thing - anyone else heard it?

Bank draft FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah those notes are doing the rounds, plenty of €50's too. Bank Drafts aren't as safe as we once thought. Apparantly they can be recalled if the Bank later finds them to be false or more likely duplicated !

For that type of amount, just get the cash and check it. For large transactions a wire transfer is the only method I would use.

BTW if the car is red its probably worth a bit less !

• Advertisement

Sorry to bump this but the buyer is saying that he wants to 'do it up and sell it on' and is offering €1500 'as is' so I'm getting alarm bells - seems too good to be true and if I were to follow advice that I'd normally give, it usually is!

:confused:

just sell sell sell!

just sell sell sell!

I know...... I'm just paranoid...rolleyes.gif

Don't be. As long as he pays you with real money, and you send off the completed VLC yourself, then you're sorted.

to me a 2.0 Coupe is a slow car with a big engine that has no redeeming features apart from its styling. to the buyer it's a sporty coupe with a 2,0 engine that'll be a babe magnet. and all for €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

just sell sell sell!

+1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

stevec wrote: »
    What's a '97 2.0L Hyundai Coupe worth with 80k on the clock?

In good condition, needs a few niggly jobs done, nothing much.

I'd say, two Bowls of Rice Krispies and a Cup O' Tay.
    Take whatever your given for it.......even one bowl :D

whatthe... wrote: »
    I'd say, two Bowls of Rice Krispies and a Cup O' Tay.
    Take whatever your given for it.......even one bowl :D

D'ya think they'd stretch to a spoon of sugar on it...

Advertisement