Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fame: the career options

• 15-05-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if you had a choice of a path you'd like to take to become famous?

You know what i mean we've all had those childhood fantasies of being famous in some sort of way so what career would you want take to be famous.

For me i'd want to be a Comedian, it's pretty cool, standing up on stage and just making jokes about life and making people laugh

What career would you take? 60 votes

Actor
    0% 0 votes
    Comedian
    10% 6 votes
    Musician
    6% 4 votes
    Director
    51% 31 votes
    Radio DJ
    6% 4 votes
    Author
    3% 2 votes
    Other(Please Specify)
    21% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Musician. Playing guitar and jamming the whole time. Easy women and free drugs. And playing a gig at the end of each day would be amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

X-Factor/Pop Idol/Britain's Got Talent ftw.
    Dead parent/grandparent/sibling all been done so I'm gonna rock up in a wheelchair with a Polyphonic Spree/Sigur Rós/Arcade Fire track playing in the background and blow them away... Piece of piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Mathematician.
    Does that make me a bad person? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh I'd love to be a singer/guitarist in a totally rockin' band and be sassier than Debbie Harry, Karen O, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon and Grace Slick put together!
    Or a rawk DJ.
    Or an actress - steamy scenes with hot co-stars ftw.
    Or a writer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

What about one of those losers who sleeps with someone famous and winds up more famous than said famous person.

Orrrrr, BIG BROTHER!

Seriously though, musician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

musician all the way!

edit: actually no musician/comedian á la bill bailey...that'd be legendary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Practices encore bow. "Hey! Just cause I'm bending over, don't get the wrong idea! This isn't the casting couch!":pac::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'd hate to be famous in the musician/actor/comedian sense where everyone knows what you look like and constantly harasses you but being an author or artist would be pretty cool. I'd rather be a researcher who discovers some kickass new molecule or wonder drug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I would like to be famous for being an outspoken idiot, like Bill O'Reilly ;)
    Failing that I would like to host a TV programme where I get to break things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

ah there's no fame being a radio dj.. i was one for 9 years.. not famnouse there :confused:... even been an extra(background actor) in a few films & tv programs still no fame for me :confused:... been a musician the last 15years... finally people are starting to figure out who i am.. just not quick enough though :confused:

might as well try write something :eek:

humm maybe a famous fisherman.. now that would be fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Musician, just make one cheesy Christmas number one, mention it in every interview you have and live off the royalties. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you've ever seen Iron Maiden's Live in Rio DVD, you'll know that being a musician is by far the coolest - rocking out to 250,000 people in one night. Has to be better than sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seamus wrote: »
    If you've ever seen Iron Maiden's Live in Rio DVD, you'll know that being a musician is by far the coolest - rocking out to 250,000 people in one night. Has to be better than sex.
    But is it better than having sex in front of 250,000 people? You see you can't compare like with unlike.

Playing guitar in your bedroom alone=ok. Playing guitar in front of 250,000= unreal. Masturbating alone=ok. Masturbating in front of 250,000= unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Actor/Director.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Other: Personality, you know famous for doing nothing? I'm write too but only after the fame came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd like to try being a Pilot. \o/

Like John Travolta. :pac:

I'd be a champion rally driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd like to be a famous director. You get more money than actors, you have more say in what your films come out like, and you're just as famous as all the rest of hollywood, but few people know what most directors look like, so you won't have too many weirdos hounding you for photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

humanji wrote: »
    I'd like to be a famous director. You get more money than actors, you have more say in what your films come out like, and you're just as famous as all the rest of hollywood, but few people know what most directors look like, so you won't have too many weirdos hounding you for photos.
    Yeah but every single director is as ugly as sin. Thats why they've become directors. Too ugly for the big screen. Would you be willing to be turned into an ugly just so you could have a bit of fame as a director? Nah, didn't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ah there's no fame being a radio dj.. i was one for 9 years.. not famnouse there
    There is fame if you're Chris Evans or Zoe Ball... and it's the 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd like to be the next Furher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Man, would have really loved for my band to have got past the rehearsal stages! Maybe I'm more cut out to be a comedian, I dunno.

Reckon author has the most nobility in it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah but every single director is as ugly as sin. Thats why they've become directors. Too ugly for the big screen. Would you be willing to be turned into an ugly just so you could have a bit of fame as a director? Nah, didn't think so.
    Why do you think I didn't choose actor? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Author, not really for the fame though, more the money and getting my book out there would be a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Scientist, mathematician, astronaut and great political leader. All in one.

Might do a bit of crime fighting on the side and probably found a real life version of the Justice League. My alter ego would naturally be famous for saving the world too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

First choice: Musician.
    Second choice: Corrupt communist leader of a former Soviet Republic.
    Given my lack of singing/musical ability, think the latter is more probable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd like a real in your face career... like the next Peter North....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've played in front of a couple thousand people in the past, that was pretty good, but I reckon I would go for scientist. I would love to know I did something that made the world better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

The only way I would want to be famous in this fucked up world we live in would be to try and make a difference to society and the way people think, (like the comedien Bill Hicks). To try bring awareness to people of how controlled we are by the government etc.

Not like bloody Jordan or Kerry Katona..

SDooM wrote: »
    I've played in front of a couple thousand people in the past...

Go on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'd like to be famous for doing some famous chick and having the tape leaked onto the internet.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Go on...

Ah it was just a couple of student gigs in Maynooth, and a fairly big one in the button factory when it was the TBMC a while back. I been a sloppy amatuer musician for ages. :)

That's pretty cool. Everybody starts somewhere.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    That's pretty cool. Everybody starts somewhere.

I would be lying if I said they weren't some of the best nights of my life. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Comedy but behind the scenes like an author, writer, creator, cartoon strip. Kind of like the Judd Apatow, Larry David (pre CYE days) guys. Famous for those who want to know what you look like. That and I have terrible comic timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Terry wrote: »
    I'd like to be famous for doing some famous chick and having the tape leaked onto the internet.

How admirable - good luck with that!!.. I can get you Twinks no. if you like:D??

Advertisement