Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardtail for about 500

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm the resident Focus lover here (it would appear), so I'd say go for that, they're great bikes for the money, but I'm more a roadie, so I'll let one of the mtbers come in with more advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

I've heard and read nothing but good things about that Focus Fat Boy bike, its seems to be great.
    Don't know many people on one though. I see a lot of roadies on Focus bikes up round my area so they seem like a quality company.
    The road guys generally don't ride duff bikes.
    A good alternative to the bikes you listed, might be a specialized rockhopper.
    I've rode a trail recently on my friends one and found it very good.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=70267

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The Focus from Wiggle will come fully set up and tuned, just attach the bars, while the bikes from CRC will require a bit of assembly; might factor into your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The Focus is becoming the most obvious choice, the only thing is that they're not in stock until the end of the month, I've had a bad experience with specialized so I'm avoiding them, I was thinking about a giant but didn't see them online, where are they available from?

What happened with the specialized??

www.Cyclestore.co.uk and www.evanscycles.com do a pretty good range of Giant.

Im a big fan of GT too, you might check them out.

Though honestly thats a good price on that Focus might be worth the wait.

• Advertisement

Oh wait the third bike you posted is a GT...my bad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Giants here too:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk

Advertisement