Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing problem - drain I think

Options
  • 15-05-2008 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hi,

I seem to have a problem with my drain - I think, but would prefer some advice before I start calling in someone to look at it.
    My kitchen sink is slow to drain. I have put various commercial drain cleaners down it, with little effect.
    This on its own is not my main concern. My washing machine and dishwasher (both on the same drain) slowly fill with water, even when I'm away and neither is used for a day or two.
    The washing machine even starts to fill shortly after I use it, meaning the clothes get wet if I don't take them out fairly soon after the wash is finished. If I leave the door open, my kitchen will flood, as well as if I forget to do a pump cycle before opening the door, as water has got as far as the top of the door in the past.
    I thought water might be coming back up the drain, but it seems clean and I put a branch onto the vertical stand pipe for the washing machine, low down, and took it straight through the wall and into an external drain.
    I have nearly zero experience with plumbing and this is not a great position to be in.

Any advice appreciated

Advertisement