Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc in Multimedia Applications Development

• 15-05-2008 1:58am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

BSc in Multimedia Applications Development - Level 7, Code: WD153 (Undergraduate)
    Department of Computing, Mathematics and Physics.

What is the Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Applications Development?

- This is a 3 year degree course during which you will develop a comprehensive knowledge of multimedia techniques enabling you to:
    • Produce and integrate multimedia rich elements, such as images, sound, video and animations
    • Create complex interactive applications through programming and/or scripting particularly for the World Wide Web
    • Help people by allowing them to avail of the best technological solutions.

Students will also take part in industrial placement.

What Subjects will I study?
    Each semester will undertake 6 modules. Some of these will include:
    • Graphic Design
    • Human Computer Interaction
    • Digital Audio Production
    • Network Systems and Concepts
    • Multimedia Imaging
    • 3D and Video
    • eLearning and Accessibility
    • Multimedia Programming
    • Web Development
    • Motion Graphics
    • Server Scripting
    • Work Placement.

What follow on study opportunities are available?
    You can go on to study the BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Applications Development, the BSc (Hons) in Commercial Software Development or the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology.

What career opportunities will I have?
    Job prospects in computing have never been better, so much so, that at the moment demand for computing graduates exceeds supply. This makes computing an exciting career option for you. In a sector crying out for qualified graduates, you will have greater opportunities and potential income as well as more freedom to choose your career path.

What kind of company can I expect to work for?
    All organizations rely on IT to deliver what are now considered basic business functions. From finance to marketing or procurement to sales, IT is critical if a business is to compete in today's fast paced changing world. So all organizations from the small local web design company to large multinationals need qualified computer graduates. The opportunities are endless.

What are could I expect to work in?
    Ireland is a world leader in computing, with many computer multinationals having their European headquarters here. You will be employed in:

Employers include: Multimedia Solutions, AOL, Angel Design, Achieve Website Design, Aer Lingus Airline Systems, Aura Internet Services Ltd., HSE Board, Dell and Sun Life.

Are there any minimum entry level requirements?
    Total number of different subjects at grade D or better: 5 Mathematics OD3/HD3 and English or Irish OD3/HD3 are required subjects.

What points do I need to get?
    The points required for this course in 2007 were 170.

How do I find out more?
    Ask here, someone might be able to answer your questions. Otherwise, contact WIT by emailing schoolsliaison@wit.ie, calling 051 845533 or download a prospectus on www.wit.ie.

Programme Leader:
    Ms. Brenda O'Neill
    www.wit.ie/wd153

Information gathered from WIT Information Sheet. Copyright (C) WIT.

Advertisement