Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this problem be my ISPs fault?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi

I hope Im posting this in the correct place.

I recently joined a membership site and wanted to post an introductory post about myself etc. It was only about 10-12 lines long in 3 short paragraphs. But it wouldnt submit. The page just hung. However if i made it only 3 or 4 lines text it sent in 2 seconds!

I contacted the site owner, by PM. Even by PM it was the same thing, long posts wouldnt send.

Now, I have vista. But I still have my old laptop with XP on it, so I tried that, same result.

I tried it in Firefox, IE7 and Avant. Same result.

I even sent the post to a different forum (PCAdvisor) but it DID post there instantly. And anyway it wasnt even as long as this post (and if you're reading this, well, this posted too!)

I searched in Google and found a few people over the past few years with the same problem. But I didnt see a resolution. They seemed to be blaming the ISP. But if so, why would it post to other sites?

The site in question does not have a limit, in fact has some huge posts.

Has anyone any clue to this? If I ring my ISP I'll have some job convincing them that its their fault! Help please!!

thank you

h

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't see how this could be an ISP problem, especially given that long posts work on other sites. Maybe, as a new registrant, you're restricted as to what you can post. Did you get a response from the site owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Oh yes I got a response. Theres no restriction at all. They cant figure it out. Neither can my ISP provider. I let the page go on until I got an error and this was it:

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/wa_forum/posting.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster@wirelessconnect.local.
    Generated Thu, 15 May 2008 16:13:04 GMT by proxy.wirelessconnect.local (squid/2.5.STABLE11)

any clues?

thanks

h

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thats a problem with the site so there's nothing you can do about it yourself. Send the page error you posted to the site admin and it might point them in the right direction. It's usually caused by server and/or database overload.

I don't really know much about it tbh so I can't be more specific. Google Zero Sized Reply for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 markkilpatrick

hawthorn wrote: »
    ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/wa_forum/posting.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster@wirelessconnect.local.
    Generated Thu, 15 May 2008 16:13:04 GMT by proxy.wirelessconnect.local (squid/2.5.STABLE11)

Id say its more something to do with the squid proxy your going throu "proxy.wirelessconnect.local".

http://netmirror.org/mirror/squid-www/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.51

Do you have a direct connection to the internet or do you have to go throu a proxy?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Proxy problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement