Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you 'look out for'?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Bubs101 wrote: »

ScotlandRangers, only due to my intense dislike of celtic fans such as Oh no you didnt

Pathetic stuff. Picking a club like the hun to spite someone you have never even met.

Ireland - Rovers, local club.

Scotland - Celtic

England - Cardiff (you know what I mean)- through Rovers

Italy - Roma - lived there for a while and still go back a couple of times a year

France - PSG - lived there as well, although total basket case of a club

Sweden - Hammarby through Rovers

Spain - Athletic Bilbao through friends

North - Cliftonville, through Rovers

Germany - St Pauli, love the idea of the club and what it stands for.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

England - Spurs, Sheffield Wed, Wolves, Peterborough (come on the posh)
    Italy - Roma
    Spain - Barca
    Scotland - Celtic and Hearts
    Ireland - Sporting Fingal , Bohs (I was originally a Bohs supporter but Sporting Fingal is the team for my area)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Ireland - Bray Wanderers, would sometimes head to a game
    Italy - Reggina, bought an apartment close to Reggio di Calabria, want Serie A football on my doorstep once its complete!
    Spain - Real Madrid, From the Redondo and Mijatovic days
    USA- Miami FC, Romario was there ("eyes" have also been kept on Al Saad and Adelaide United for similar reasons) and now Real Salt Lake cause Kenny "The Good Doctor" Deuchar is there.
    Brazil - Fluminese or Vasco. Both tried pairing Romario and Edmundo. Respect.
    Mexico - Cruz Azul, bought a shirt off E-bay cause it looked good!
    Ukraine - Shaktar, since CM0102 with Agwahowa, N'Diyae and Okoronokwo have always kept an eye on their latest exotic sigining.
    Russia - FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok. Have you seen where Vladivostok is? Now thats an away game! For that reason alone they are my Russian team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

English League; Swansea, summer holidays on the south coast of wales making friends with swans fans, been to a few games in the vetch.

That's about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Dynamo Zagreb.

England - Spurs, Sheffield Wed, Wolves, Peterborough (come on the posh)
    Italy - Roma
    Spain - Barca
    Scotland - Celtic and Hearts
    Ireland - Sporting Fingal , Bohs (I was originally a Bohs supporter but Sporting Fingal is the team for my area)

Do you mind me asking how you can have 4 English teams and those two Scotch ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

eZe^ wrote: »
    Dynamo Zagreb.

Its Dinamo if you dont mind i correct you,i would like to know where did you get them coz Croatian league is worse than serbian and i just dont see anything interesting that team have

Its Dinamo if you dont mind i correct you,i would like to know where did you get them coz Croatian league is worse than serbian and i just dont see anything interesting that team have

Sorry, all the physics has made me spell it Dynamo!!! =P

I like to see how they are doing because Ive a good friend in Croatia who absolutely loves them, he won't shut up about them so I always like to check up on their results and players, they have quite a talented crop of players at the moment too. Also, I like Croatia as a country, Hvar is beautiful, Ive never liked the Serbian national team or league so Ive never really payed attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ireland St Pats
    England Man Utd
    Spain Sevilla
    Germany VFL Bochum

Anti looking out for ie teams i check to see and hope they lost.

Ireland everyone else
    EnglandLeeds QPR Liverpool
    Spain Barca Madrid Betis
    Germany Frankfurt

Denmark Odense
    Scotland Celtic Dunfermline Hearts
    Moldova Zimbru
    Bratislava Slovan Bratislava
    France Bordeuax
    Belgium KAA Gent

Im a very bitter person :p

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Spain : Real Madrid... probably because I always loved to watch Ronaldo,Figo,Zidane and really admired when they destroyed United in the Champs League with that Ronaldo hat trick. Also like to see them win the league due to that freaky pattern emerging so United win also :)
    Ireland: Finn Harps.. local team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

KdjaCL wrote: »
    England Liverpool

Amazingly enough, that has never come out in your posts.. ahem

Amazingly enough, that has never come out in your posts.. ahem

lol really :eek:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ireland: Waterford United, my local team, obv support the blues!

Spain: Barcelona, always liked their style, and they had Romario!! and Ronaldo

Italy: AC Milan, dunno why, Costacurta,Baresi,Baggio,Maldini,Donandoni! team i saw most regularly from the league when i was younger on channel 4!!

Germany: Dont have a team i would follow, liked Leverkusen when Ballack was there, couldnt support him at Bayern though.......

France: Always been Monaco

England: Fc United, Rochdale,always had a little thing for sheffield united too. sean bean maybe

Sorry, all the physics has made me spell it Dynamo!!! =P

I like to see how they are doing because Ive a good friend in Croatia who absolutely loves them, he won't shut up about them so I always like to check up on their results and players, they have quite a talented crop of players at the moment too. Also, I like Croatia as a country, Hvar is beautiful, Ive never liked the Serbian national team or league so Ive never really payed attention to it.

Everyone have right to have an opinion but comparing to Serbia croatian league is worse and Dinamo sold all talented players by now:D
    Also i must say our natinal team have more attractive players but Croatia have team and not names,thats why i admit they are better now coz names arent playing but players on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dortmund and Roma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Does anybody else here develop strong likings for a club they do very well with in Football Manager? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

Archimedes wrote: »
    Does anybody else here develop strong likings for a club they do very well with in Football Manager? :)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Man U
    Celtic (though I don't buy into the surrounding b*ll*cks)
    Shels
    Barca
    Juventus
    Ajax
    Bayern Munich
    Sydney FC

Also, teams I dislike for no good reason:

Galatasaray
    Shaktar Donetsk
    Werder Bremen
    Newcastle (well, actually dislike these cos they won't accept they're pants).

Archimedes wrote: »

Haha, actually, I do keep an eye out for Carlisle, they gave me a chance after forrest gave me the boot in my 3rd season in charge, we were bottom of the Premiership after two successive promotions, I wasn't allowed to strenghten the squad as much as was needed, the fans were supportive of my plight and understood that even though Agogo and Tyson were great pros they were not premierhsip players and that only Commons was good enough for a premierhsip squad.
    I gave the board an ultimatum, more funds or I go.

They terminated my contract with immediate effect, I called thier bluff and it back fired, I couldn;t get a sniff of even a championship club but when I heard Carlisle were in search of a new manager I dropped my C.V. around personally, more in hope than anything, I'd been unemployed for 5 months at this stage.

Then I got the call, Carlsile were 13th in league two and the Fans and Chairman expected the play offs atleast.

We got to 3rd, won the semi's 4-2 on aggreget and then took the Final with a sublime team effort banging in 4 goals and keeping a clean sheet.

We had a major squad overhaul that summer, I signed Leon Best, got Dong and Ishmal Miller on loan which really boosted out attack, then I drafted in an Ageing but still capable Mario Yepes, chelsea cast off Nuno Moaris and a loan signing of O'Hallaran from Villa ment our defence was now as good as any in the league!

My last long term loan was a master stroke, we persuaded a young lad from Arsenal called Denilson to come up north and give some creative flair to out team, and was a gutsy anchorman but had the ability to pass it about like a true number 4!
    Free signings of Criag Rocastle, Milan's Serginho and the 130k capture of the much sought after Andy Robinson who's relationship with the swansea manager kenny jacket had broken down completely and we were good to go.

We started strongly, and untill october we were in 4th place, a dip in form untill christmas ment we were in 11th place when the transfer window reopened, the board, encouraged by the season so far and the deligheted that instead of propping up the table as the media had predicted we were in a position to (maybe!) make the play offs offered to make more funds available, and offer I was only too ready to accept!

We got the young Irish man Joe O’Cearuill for 30k, a great squad signing and backup for Yepes, added the pace of danny pugh to out right hand flank and we were good to go.

We finished the league in 2nd place, gaining automatic promotion by 1 point on the last day with a 3-1 win, the fans went crazy, the media speculated that I was proving that what I achived at forest was not a one off and given the right resources we could do it again, or would that be fairy tale stuff?

That summer we had a major over haul, I wanted to build a squad not only capable of winning promotion to the top tier of english football but I wanted to stay there, I'd learned from past mistakes at forrest, no more quick fixes, no more investing big wages in 33 or 34 year old players, we released yepes but kept Serginho as a scout, he was a great figure to have a round the club!

Out went Rocastle, Robinson, Holmes, Yepes and some more on the old guard. Dong, Miller, Denlison and O'Halleran returned to their clubs, bu there would alwasy be a place in the hearts of the fans for this brave young men who gave their all in our promotion push.

June rolled past and we found it hard to attract the players we wanted, a 32 year old Lee Trundle opted to stay with Shefield Wednesday rather than take the risk with the new boys, Mathew Kilgannon was not prepared to leave leeds for anybody but a premiership team and Paul McShane was happy to stay at westbrom.
    It was looking like a mision.

Then the break through.
    Fraizer Richardson(250k) from leeds was our first money signing on July 1st, that very same day the club unveiled 4 free signings, Former Barce Player Gerrard(not stevie, the spanish one) former Milan player Marco Donaldel, Former Inter man Alvaro Reccoba and Man City youngster Joe Harrt, there was hope yet!

The very next day we got Miller on loan for another year, the fans were delighted and, in honesty, so was the manager!

Then it happened, Manchester offered us Dong for 500k, this was a lot of money to the newply promoted club and would represent 20% of the total transfer budget, the the manager convinced the board to release the money and offer the player suitable wages, half an hour later dong on his was to the famous old ground to sign a 3 year contract.

This was exactly what the team needed, dare they dream that a 3rd automatic promotion was possible?

Noel hunt and Mark Kerr arrived from scotland for a total of 700k the nest week.

By the start of the league we had added celtics Darren O'Dea(200k), former Man UTD player Quinton Fortune(free), Calum Davenport(500k), James Collins (loan Westham), Ian Harte (250k), Gary Breen (free) Jimmy Smith (100k Chelsea) was a great investment and the loan signings of Seb Larson from Arsenal and Liam Rossiner from Fulham rounded off a great transfer window for the club.

We won the championship that year with 2 games to go, scoring over 100 goals and conceding less than anyone else in the league.

We brought in a few temporary loan singings during the course of the season to cover injuries to key players and it was the managers ability to do this that really made the difference that year.

So here we were, in the premiership we had expanded the stadium by 12000 seats during the previous season, invested heavily in our training ground and youth system, both of which were on par with the best in the world, Kelly had managed to turn Carlisle into the club it has always had the potential to be, a real stronghold of football in the North, but he, the board and the fans all knew that this was now the biggest test yet.

The board released 16million pounds for the manager to sign whoever he deemed fit and even stated that for the right player they would release even more.

The allowed waged of upto 30k a week for players whom kelly would be key to survival.

Kelly wasted no time again respahing his team.

Ofcourse the loan signings were going.

Out went the ageing Ian Harte, Fortune and Breen, but the manager felt that he could get another year out of Gerrard and Reccoba and felt their experience could only be an asset to the squad.

Kelly started his assault on the transfer market.

Freddy Guiren arrived from holland for 1million
    Billy Jones came from newcastle for 750k + 250k over 12 months.
    An experienced Clinton Morrison was signed on a free from Everton
    Paul Ifill added pace to the wings.
    Chris Brunt's passing ability and setpiece delivery would be key to kellys plans.
    Paolo Cannavarro for 3.5million was a great bit of business by kelly.
    Josefe Hersi was next for 2million the livewire forward really exciting the fans.
    Oliver Kapo was signed for free Seire A side Parma.

By the close of the window kelly had signed 14 players including 8 free transfers by it was without doubt the signing of Stephen Reid for 4million that helped the team most.

Carlisle steered clearn of relegation easily, finishing the season in 12th place and reaching the League Cup semi losing on penalties to blackburn rovers.

Kelly is looking forward to next season, the board have promised funds of 30-40 million and have told Kelly he can keep any money raised from sales.

Kelly says that with a core of Haart, Reid, Brunt, Cannavrro, Dong, Ifill and Hersi and signings in others areas he has the base to launch a challange for a european place through league qualification.
    This might seem very ambitious for a manager of his age with whatis generally considered a small provincial club, but anyon who has met this young manager and listened to him talk of his dream for the club he was molded over the past 4 seasons has said that he has the ability to inspire his own belief in others.

Many are tipping Kelly to leave Carlisle soon but he says that he has a self appointed mission at Carlisle, the club whom four years ago he had no real connection to but he now says he loves considers his spiritual home.
    He says this mission is champions league football and he claims that within the next 5-7 years they will not only be playing regular Champions League football but will have the ability to win the competition.

A bridge too far, maybe, but one can dream!

(c) Sean Kelly's over active brain and addiction to FM (this game is from FM2006 or whatever, old old game I started playing again last week, haha).

Seaneh wrote: »
    Haha

(c) Sean Kelly's over active brain and addiction to FM (this game is from FM2006 or whatever, old old game I started playing again last week, haha).

http://www.fmformation.net/writers-section/31344-st-pat-s-back-again.html

you need to post some articles there :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Teams I look out for hoping they win

ManYoo - been to see them
    Reading
    Carmarthen Town - been to see them
    Caernarfon Town - been to see them
    SheffYoo
    Bray Wanderers - been to see them, hoping they lose
    St. Pauli
    Barca - been to see them
    Inter Milan
    Ajax
    Sydney FC - supported them for a season in Bay 23
    Rangers :pac:
    Boca Juniors
    River Plate

Teams I look out for hoping they lose

Celtic :pac:
    SunderIreland
    Perth Glory
    Newcastle (the Aussie one)
    Real Madrid

ROFL I'd have to write it in word next time and actually proof read it, that one took me 5 minutes and has so many spelling mistakes I'm almost ashamed of myself, but still too lazy to change =D

DesF wrote: »
    Boca Juniors
    River Plate

I see what you're doing there, guaranteed to get both the Argentinian league titles every season then eh? :pac:

Smart move, from now on I'll start supporting Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, that way my team is guaranteed to win the premiership every season!!! =)

Smart move, from now on I'll start supporting Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, that way my team is guaranteed to win the premiership every season!!! =)
    :)

I don't support them, I just look out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

i support:
    Liverpool

I look out for:
    Kildare county
    Cambridge utd
    MK dons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Apart from Pompey (who, in case I haven't mentioned it, have just won the FA Cup) my second team would be Wycombe Wanderers. I used to live quite close to their ground and wandered down there quite a bit. Great, very well run little club. Excellent place to take kids to watch a game.

I also have a kind of soft spot for Reading, being another team I have watched quite a bit, due to locality, shame to see them go down.

I am trying to attach myself to an Irish team and TBH the only one I really keep an eye out for is Rovers, my brother in law is a big fan and he is one of the few guys over here I know who watches football regularly because he doesn't have to go to Manchester to do it, hopefully I'll get along to watch them this season.

I'm amazed there are two people on here who have even heard of Aldershot, let alone follow them. I've been to a few pre-seson friendlies there and thier fans are mad and for some of the divisions they went through after going bust, absolutely huge. Good to see them back in the league their fans certainly deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm amazed there are two people on here who have even heard of Aldershot, let alone follow them. I've been to a few pre-seson friendlies there and thier fans are mad and for some of the divisions they went through after going bust, absolutely huge. Good to see them back in the league their fans certainly deserve it.

Yup that's the reason I support Aldershot, I talk to one of their Ultras reguarly on MSN and I've grown to look at there scores every week. Plan on making a few trips over sometime in the near future. After my Leaving Cert in 2009 unfortunately will be the easiest I think.

Also there's a link, there club crest is a rising phoenix and our Ultra group Briogáid Deargs' logo is a rising phoenix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Yup that's the reason I support Aldershot, I talk to one of their Ultras reguarly on MSN and I've grown to look at there scores every week. Plan on making a few trips over sometime in the near future. After my Leaving Cert in 2009 unfortunately will be the easiest I think.

Also there's a link, there club crest is a rising phoenix and our Ultra group Briogáid Deargs' logo is a rising phoenix

you might want to leave the Celtic shirt, tri colour and sinn fein tee-shirt at home though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

you might want to leave the Celtic shirt, tri colour and sinn fein tee-shirt at home though ;)

I bring them everywhere though.:D

Legal content:
    I've never owned a Celtic jersey or Sinn Fein t-shirt in my live, nor will I ever.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Snip

Do you mind me asking, have you ever penetred a woman?

• Advertisement

I don't know what penetred is, but it sounds painful.

I doubt anyone has, penetred is '38% Solids, Water-Based, Epoxy Primer or Sealer'... You'd want to be very cruel to penetred a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have, she didn't like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I mind you asking,you can have 7 days to think of why it bothers me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

England: Sheffield Wednesday (always liked them for some reason, I remember watching the Sheffield derbys on BBC in the Premiership), Oldham Athletic, Nottingham Forest

Portugal: Sporting Lisbon (Not sure really, just took a liking to them, possibly because of their link to United, and Liedson is class)

Spain: Villarreal (Formerly because of Diego Forlan, now because of Rossi), Atletico Madrid (Forlan & Aguero are fantastic), Barca (Amazing football since Ronaldinho arrived, bar this year)

Argentina: Boca Juniors (always have such a good team to watch)

Holland: Ajax (Klass Jan Huntelaar, and something about the club generally. Can't place what)

Ireland: Shelbourne (I've went to see them play once or twice)

America: LA Galaxy I suppose, I do have a soft spot for Donovan & Becks

Isnt MUFC in your nick Manchester United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

[QUOTE=Bubs101;55944824ScotlandRangers, only due to my intense dislike of celtic fans such as Oh no you didnt[/QUOTE]

You and the rest of the anti-Celtic brigade should head of and sit amongst all your NBF's (New Best Friends) in the middle of the Rangers fans next Thursday for the season finale and see how you get on, bet yere all gutted that ye missed last Wednesday's match in Manchester.:rolleyes:
    ONYD you should contact Ibrox and try and arrange some commission for all the new fans that you are recruiting for them ;)

I forgot, I also look out for teams that Neil Warnock is managing.

I <3 him.

I <3 him.

The chap is a headcase ! Gotta love em ,he was actually a good loser for once there last week :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I <3 him.

I look for teams who are playing Neil Warnock sides.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Chelsea are the main ones

Bohs
    Fiorentina
    PAOK
    Bayern (loosely)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ireland : Cork City

England : Liverpool

Spain : Barca, Numancia

Czech Republic : Baník Ostrava

France : Marseille. Friend is big fan.