Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland's Shame

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

allybhoy wrote: »
    Well is that documentary not evidence in itself?

Regarding last Wednesday, nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

allybhoy wrote: »
    I do feel genuinely sorry for proper Rangers supporters like Eirebear etc, as I personally believe that the kind of scenes that were witnessed on Weds are not instigated by true Scottish Rangers Supporters. I believe that some of the trouble is started by English football hooligans who just attach themselves to Rangers for whatever reason. Not sure if anyone has ever seen that documentary where Donal Macintyre went undercover with some london hooligans and they also supported Rangers, simply for the trouble.

so because they are English they can't be Rangers fans? Do you have to be Scottish to support Celtic as well or does that not count. Having said that i totally agree, everyone should support their local team, or at least one in their own country?;)

There is absolutely no evidence to support what you are saying, you are making excuses for Scotish football and these thugs that claim to be Rangers fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Everyone knows the majority of Rangers fans did not cause trouble. There was supposed to have been 100,000 of them there after all.

The problem for Rangers is that because a relatively small number of their fans went crazy in Manchester on Wedensday, they are all going to be tarred with the same brush. It will be reported as "Rangers fans cause mayhem in Manchester", while the majority of them of course didn't.

I still think that video of the mob of Rangers fans attacking the lone policeman was truely sickening to the stomach and I do think that the Rangers club itself should be punished.

Incidently I seen the policeman in that infamous video being interviewed on Friday on tv, thankfully he is ok apart from being shaken from the experience.
    As horrifying to watch as it was, some of the other policemen in Manchester came off worse than him last Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Everyone knows the majority of Rangers fans did not cause trouble. There was supposed to have been 100,000 of them there after all.

The problem for Rangers is that because a relatively small number of their fans went crazy in Manchester on Wedensday, they are all going to be tarred with the same brush. It will be reported as "Rangers fans cause mayhem in Manchester", while the majority of them of course didn't.

I still think that video of the mob of Rangers fans attacking the lone policeman was truely sickening to the stomach and I do think that the Rangers club itself should be punished.

Incidently I seen the policeman in that infamous video being interviewed on Friday on tv, thankfully he is ok apart from being shaken from the experience.
    As horrifying to watch as it was, some of the other policemen in Manchester came off worse than him last Wednesday night.

welcome to the world of an English football fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

so because they are English they can't be Rangers fans? Do you have to be Scottish to support Celtic as well or does that not count. Having said that i totally agree, everyone should support their local team, or at least one in their own country?;)

There is absolutely no evidence to support what you are saying, you are making excuses for Scotish football and these thugs that claim to be Rangers fans?

Well in this case (documentary) they didnt support Rangers, they supported West Ham i think, they just put on a Rangers jersey and went to an away game and caused mayhem. Im not excusing Scottish Rangers supporters in any of this, nor am I saying that they werent involved in any of the trouble that went on, on weds. Im simply pointing out that Rangers attract a lot of scumbags who arent neccassarily interested in football. Kind of like what happens with Celtic Supporters over here in Dublin. For wearing a celtic jersey etc your automatically (in some peoples eyes) seen to be a scumbag

Advertisement