Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick POST

Options
  • 15-05-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I know I should'nt complain about stuff that I can get for free...
    I know that this piece of paper was never known as a quality paper... It's quite useful to wrap flowers or fish...
    I know that the pictures ont the frontpages never matched the headlines.

Have ye seen the front page of today's LIM POST? Today's frontpage is just ... I don't know.

Headline: 'Teenager unite in grief'
    Picture below: Two "models" smiling as if they were participants of a Miss Fake Tan 2008 or Miss Teetch Bleaching 2008 contest.
    Caption: Happy Heart Weekend

Do you need to have a brain or at least a bit of common sense if you work for that paper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

I used to advertise with the Limerick leader, they used to charge me through the roof and **** up my ad afterwards! :mad: This paper makes mistakes all the time with stories deaths etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

its always handy for tidbits of local news is the only thing its good for.

Other than that, its like someone put all the articles into a big drum, shook it up, and threw them out, hey presto, the limerick posts layout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

the limerick post is rubbish.. and yes u have a right to complain even though u get it free it costs you to dispose of it.. in fairness who cares what cnclr john gilligan has to say this week.. nothing ever gets done round this town anyway.. the limerick post has long been reporting crap about our city more precisely about the growth of our city.. one week its a marina that will strech from the island field to killmallock!! then its our new "business district"!! ill believe these made up dreams when they actually materialise!! the should change the name of the post anyway to out and about.. lets all count how many times in the next few weeks each of limerick "faces" appear in this rag.. lets start with celia holman lee and the co-owners of the trinity rooms (joe & pat).. god i hate that side of limerick..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you didn't read the captions, the front cover would come across as really bizarre... "Teenagers Unite in Grief", and a big picture of 2 girls with big smiles on their faces.

They don't look like they're grieving...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You could always get colonic irrigation. Its always on the back cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Headline: 'Teenager unite in grief'
    Picture below: Two "models" smiling as if they were participants of a Miss Fake Tan 2008 or Miss Teetch Bleaching 2008 contest.
    Caption: Happy Heart Weekend

Agreed, thought they really messed up with this week's front page. Just gave a very sloppy impression, like no proofing was done before it went to press. Although in fairness a lot of national papers will often have front page photos that don't match their lead story. It does make more sense though when the main picture matches up with the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

but if they were to match the photo, then they wouldnt have an excuse to put eleanor on there. and if eleanor isnt on the front page, the world might end, because its NEVER happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

They are looking to staff at the moment. (Limerick Post)

~B

actually i eat my words guys as for once in this weeks i actually found some decent journalistic meanderings.. there is an article near the back by a miss mcmahon who writes about the release of GTA IV and man does she hit the nail on the head.. on another note i wonder if i dye my hair blonde and tell everyone my daddy is an ex detective will i make the out and about pages every week.. also i might go for that colonic as i think i might have pieces of last weeks post still up there (damn toilet paper outage!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that gta IV bit actually isnt bad at all, better than the usual stuff written there.

that hot or not column bugs the hell out of me, going on about americas next top model and stuff.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    that hot or not column bugs the hell out of me, going on about americas next top model and stuff.

i think the whole out & about society bugs me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

There is a health page which I think is very well researched and written. Can't remember the title or writers name. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Does a city paper really need so much stuff about model agencies? Okay, a little eye candy will do no harm, but lets face it, this isn't Milan. Ever since this 'other' model agency got set up, there seems to be a war for which agency can get as many of their models faces stuck in as many pages as possible.

If you're not even going to try, then whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Isn't that a model agency's job?

Isn't that a model agency's job?

that is true maybe they should look into a small glossy mag free inside or somethin.. god knows they are making enough money from advertising..

i laughed the other day when i read the article about their weekly circulation.. most of the people who get their paper dont have a choice.. u just go to the front door one morning and its there or someone leaves it in your car or beside the toilet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

Jumpy wrote: »
    You could always get colonic irrigation. Its always on the back cover.

Where else.....:p

Advertisement