Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh cream sponge cake

• 15-05-2008 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where would you recommend i.e supermarkets to by the nicest fresh cream sponge cake. I was told Superquinn make lovely sponge cakes. Also would they need to be eaten within 2 or 3 days from purchasing it before they go bad or can you refigerate the cake for a few days?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Again, a phenonmanally easy cake to make if you feel up to it.

I had the same problem with storage last week. I assume it's necessary to refrigerate them due to the cream, but it makes the sponge go a little hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭billyhead

Baking one myself s not an option. Thanks for your reply though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Oh yeah superquinns are fab. Yes you would have to eat it within 2-3 days. as the cream will go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I wouldn't go past the 2 days myself. Lidl do lovely fresh cream doughnuts, which are frozen. If you get that fresh cream sponge craving these are ideal to have stored in the freezer.

Advertisement