Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google doctype

Options
  • 15-05-2008 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

http://code.google.com/docreader/#p(doctype)s(doctype)t(doctype)

Google have launched what they are calling an "open encyclopedia and reference library for developers of web applications." They have a full DOM, HTML and CSS reference and each of the pages shows the major browser support for the element.

There are also a lot of pretty good looking (I admit to only having skimmed a few quickly so far) How-To articles.

Any opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

wow, it seems really good and comprehensive!

Usually when I can't think of a some css or dom property i run off to the w3schools website, but I think this might be my new favourite wev dev bookmark :) the feature support table will be mighty handy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Another good reference source is the HTML and CSS references at sitepoint.com.

For example, looking at background-image, I found the Sitepoint page much easier to read that the rather terse Google page.

Advertisement