Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV and 5.1 speakers?

• 15-05-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have their PS3 hooked up to surround sound speakers?

I'm not having this issue with any other game except for GTA IV. Whenever i'm in the car I can't hear what people are saying when Niko answers the phone. Its very muffled. If its raining or theres a storm I can't here him or who hes talking to at all.

I have subtitles enabled now but i'd like to be able to disable them if possible.

I'm using the toslink (optical) to connect to my speakers, my speakers are Logitech Z-5500's, i've set my PS3 audio config to Dolby Digital Surround and in GTA IV i've set the audio to "surround side"

Anyone else experiencing this problem? When I switch back to just stereo sound the voice volumn increases but then I lose the sound from my rear speakers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

hey, yeah i have the exact same setup. ps3 and same speakers.

i had that problem too. first i had it set at surround rear and then switched to side. try turning down the surround and turning up the center and master volume (on the logitech controls) as this helps a bit.

it's the sound in the game that is the problem as there are many people complaing about how it was mixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah i've just been asking a few friends with different surround sound setups and they are having the same problem... bugger! :(

Thing is it changes depending on the weather, how many people are on the street... etc. Sometimes I can hear niko talking in the car without a problem, other times I can barely hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

yeah i found myself going into the pause menu and checking the 'brief' to read the text of what just went on a lot of the time. it's very random. depending on the car and trafiic also, sometimes you have to stop accelerating to hear the phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Been playing on the 360 with 5.1 and haven't noticed anything like that really, but I've had subtitles turned on since the first day I played it so maybe that's the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Playing the PS3 version with 5.1 and its perfect :confused:

EDIT: 360 one is fine on my setup too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement