Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb, are they worth joining up with?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

hey all, just wondering what your experiences have been with Digiweb? i'm considering joining up with them soon and haven't heard too much about them (either good or bad)

i've checked with them and the 10meg metro connection is available in the area, which looks pretty sweet @ €66 a month (considering i'm paying nearly that for a BT bundle with only 3meg bb and free phone line rental which i barely ever use anymore)

basically i don't want to jump in feet first and get lumbered with a 12 month ball and chain contract (i should have said, i'm moving to a new apartment, owner occupied who doesn't want a phone line but doesn't mind a receiver on the external wall)

Thanks in advance
    Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

doesn't mind a receiver on the external wall

The management company might. Best to check this out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

paulm17781 wrote: »
    The management company might. Best to check this out first.

damn! forgot about that :( thanks for the info, will need to check with the owner for more details, company policy etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

hey man well i have had digiweb for about 3+years now and i find them good and very helpful i resently changed from there DSL package to a slightly cheaper metro package (due to other commitments) and find it very good the only bad thing i have to say (theres always bad lol) is i have had some trouble configuring my XBOX-LIVE with metro. but i will assume you will not be using it for this so my opinion is go with DIGIWEB

slan!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sometimes you can mount the Digiweb radio on a balcony rail or similar so no drilling needed.

But not up to me :) Get your management Co. & Digiweb Sales talking.

Also depending on location, the outdoor radio could in theory be feeding up to 64 modems in the apartment, with no loss of performance per user. (The modem, not the radio has the account settings).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Watty - I recently passed a house in cabra with 3 Antenna on the same chimney, probably broken into flats....tut tut, bit of wasted cash there :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement