Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease about to expire - No word from Landlord: What happens now?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 1:18pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My lease is due to expire within the next month on my apartment and I've heard nothing from my landlord.
    From reading Threshold's site it would seem that it now becomes a Part IV tenancy and that the landlord can't remove me unless they need the apartment back to sell or for family - is that correct?

More importantly - what notice do I need to give the landlord if I want to up and leave? If I'm not in a fixed lease, is there a minimum notice period? Threshold's site is vague on this. I'd almost prefer this as it means I'm not stuck in one place for a fixed term again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Its good now as you can stay for a good while now and can leave with between 30-60 days notice depending on how long you've been there.

If a landlord trys to terminate a part 4 tenancy the PTRB will check afterwards if it has been carried out legitamitely.

Advertisement