Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renault megane 11 shake your ass car

Options
  • 15-05-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

@ :) WINDOW REGULATORS WINDOW REGULATORS RENAULT= there is an answer for the window reg problem. If the window goes or problems with it, its usuallly the regulator ===so if you contact renault they will say €€€€€€€€€€€€€€400 a door yep i nearly got sick too, the motors are apparently good its the rest of the mechanism thats the problem essentially a wire, metal bits and a few plastic bits yep regulator, in ireland there are few options i could find outside renault but none for the model i have. So if you know a trusty mechanic, diy and they find it the regulator and motor is fine forget your €€€€€€400 and get on to window reg man in the uk online about 50 euro for part,,,e-bay has the wire and coils(the parts that actually go) for about €€€€mmmmmm yep its €20 euro, further to this if it is the motor and regulator a renault spares/parts company can be found online offering new €100 less than one third of price locally just for the part mmm good luck peoples and apparently these options are out there for other models and i am not a mechanic or autoelectrician just an annoyed jo so :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now try that in formatted English please.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

@ :) WINDOW REGULATORS WINDOW REGULATORS RENAULT= there is an answer for the window reg problem. If the window goes or problems with it, its usuallly the regulator ===so if you contact renault they will say €€€€€€€€€€€€€€400 a door yep i nearly got sick too, the motors are apparently good its the rest of the mechanism thats the problem essentially a wire, metal bits and a few plastic bits yep regulator, in ireland there are few options i could find outside renault but none for the model i have. So if you know a trusty mechanic, diy and they find it the regulator and motor is fine forget your €€€€€€400 and get on to window reg man in the uk online about 50 euro for part,,,e-bay has the wire and coils(the parts that actually go) for about €€€€mmmmmm yep its €20 euro, further to this if it is the motor and regulator a renault spares/parts company can be found online offering new €100 less than one third of price locally just for the part mmm good luck peoples and apparently these options are out there for other models and i am not a mechanic or autoelectrician just an annoyed jo so :)

You have three consumer rights with a dud post - refund, replacement or repair.

I suggest repair - use paragraphs, full stops, get rid of the multiple €, @, = & smilies signs and try summarise what exactly you're hoping to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have three consumer rights with a dud post - refund, replacement or repair.

I suggest repair - use paragraphs, full stops, get rid of the multiple €, @, = & smilies signs and try summarise what exactly you're hoping to achieve.

It's unrepairable, a complete replacement is required. Though I think a refund would be better suited in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Apart from the fact I've no idea what the OP is going on about due to terrible format, I think they bought a car which has some problems.

We don't know how they bought it or from who. Why are people so quick to say refund?

OP please tell us the age of car and if you bought it from a garage or private. Then people here could give you use full advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just buy a Japanese or German car next time

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Del2005 wrote: »
    We don't know how they bought it or from who. Why are people so quick to say refund?

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I tried to read it but I think its Lorem Ipsum, I know it's the internet but a few comma's and paragraphs please

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i want some of whatever you're smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Bought one recently, a great car except for problems with it lol :)

rear axle not adjustable, hasn't passed nct due to slip slide test - while sorting this out window reg has gone in 2 windows

WINDOW REGULATORS WINDOW REGULATORS RENAULT= there is an answer for the window reg problem. [I can't make sense of this bit]

If the window goes or there are problems with it, its usually the regulator, so if you contact Renault they will say €400 a door!! yep!! i nearly got sick too, the motors are apparently good, its the rest of the mechanism that's the problem: essentially a wire, metal bits and a few plastic bits.

in Ireland there are few options i could find outside Renault but none for the model i have.

So if you know a trusty mechanic, diy and they find it the regulator and motor is fine, forget your €400, and get on to window regulator man in the uk online about 50 Euro for part, e-bay has the wire and coils(the parts that actually go) for about €20.

Further to this, if it is the motor and regulator a Renault spares/parts company can be found online offering new €100 less than one third of price locally just for the part

mmm good luck peoples and apparently these options are out there for other models and i am not a mechanic or autoelectrician just an annoyed jo so :)

try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thanks tbh. Readable, but still makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

:D

In summary: his window broke, Renault said it would be €400, he did it cheaper himself. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fortunately our megane is still under the three year warranty as we've had it in twice for a number of electric window fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Fortunately our megane is still under the three year warranty as we've had it in twice for a number of electric window fixes.

Ah the good old renault 3 year warranty,my parents bought a renault megane in 06 and anyway after a service with a mechanic he noticed a small oil leak and said it'd cost a fair bit for him to do it so send it back to the renault garage since its under warranty.Brought the car up explained everything 'Oh sorry the warranty doesn't cover those parts :confused: read through their so called warranty not everything is covered! They quoted over €1600 for the repair shower of chancers sold the renault bought a new mitsubishi lancer that has a 3 year warranty that includes every single nut and bolt!

Lesson learned read the fine print!

Advertisement