Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap flights from bangkok to ko samui?

• 15-05-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

possible? trying to organise some flights before i arrive and in Thailand and it seems impossible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

From what I hear and have read your best bet is Bangkok Air also Thai Air fly that route as well but they seem a bit more expensive.
    Depending on when you book your probably looking at around €60/€70 one way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah, they seem to be the only ones flying that route. if i only had more time there i'd bus/train in. ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Between them they have a monopoly on all flights on and off Samui, so they can set whatever fares they like! Alternative would be a train down to the ferry ( I think it's from Suritthani? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i took the bus to surat thani and ferry from there, probably a better laugh than the flight and its certainly cheaper, probably less than 1000 baht for everything but it takes about a day so if your stuck fly.
    i also heard samuis not great, u should consider koh phangan and koh tao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Airasia flight from Bangkok to Surat Thani - then get the ferry from Surat Thani to Ko Samui - Air Asia even organise a bus to the ferry

To be honest, you cant go wrong with Air Asia for the vast majority of SE Asian destinations - they even fly v.cheaply from Kuala Lumpar to Perth for approx. €130 one way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Does anyone know when the last ferry would leave Koh Samui for Koh Phangan? We should be arriving at around 7-9 o'clock at night, so will we have to spend a night on Samui before heading over to Phangan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

We got over from Mae Nam - just organised a boat off a guy at a local guesthouse/bar and he had us over in 10-15 mins. Really its not too difficult and Mae Nam is the easiest place to get across to Phan gan from as it is the most direc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Does anyone know when the last ferry would leave Koh Samui for Koh Phangan? We should be arriving at around 7-9 o'clock at night, so will we have to spend a night on Samui before heading over to Phangan?

Yeah I had to do that too as was too late for boat. No biggie though and plenty of Guesthouses willing to cash in on late arrivals...
    Jugs82 wrote: »
    We got over from Mae Nam - just organised a boat off a guy at a local guesthouse/bar and he had us over in 10-15 mins. Really its not too difficult and Mae Nam is the easiest place to get across to Phan gan from as it is the most direc

I got the boat straight from Thong Nai Pan Noi on the north of Koh Phangan to Maenam on Samui. Found parts of Samui like Blackpool with Burger Kings and lots of drunken idiots. Maenam was nice and chilled with a lovely beach.

Advertisement