Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paul McCartney's Lexus Hybrid

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

E92 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think you being a troll, I'll stick with reality and facts thank you very much.
    16 MPG on petrol aint green. Neither is burning hydrogen and getting 5 MPG out it when a hydrogen fuel cell powered car can get 80 MPG. They're the facts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_7
    Rolls Royce disagree, the forthcoming baby Rolls will feature diesel power as an option.
    Rolls Royce have never sold a diesel. That's fact. They will offer a diesel soon, but fact remains they have never sold a single one.
    E92 wrote:
    the best selling versions of the A8, S-class and 7 series and even the Jag XJ are diesel. Audi even do a V8 diesel too(and Merc and BMW for LHD markets only).
    By people who have some concern about MPG. Do you think Sir Paul et al care about MPG? If the car did 1 MPG they could still afford to keep 10 of them on the road.
    E92 wrote:
    Now I know you are trolling. The 600hL is only popular with celebrities who want to be seen to be green. I've seen the grand total of 1.
    Broken record. Your 2nd statement is correct. I've seen several (non L), none owned by celebs, and have had the pleasure of being a passenger in one. Some car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

VH wrote: »
    16 MPG on petrol aint green. Neither is burning hydrogen and getting 5 MPG out it when a hydrogen fuel cell powered car can get 80 MPG. They're the facts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_7
    Eh the only "pollution" from hydrogen is water vapour(which obviously isn't pollution at all), therefore whether it does 1 or 100 mpg on hydrogen is irrelevant in terms of it's impact on the environment. All it means is that you'll have to refill it more often!
    RedorDead wrote: »
    While I agree with the point that hybrids are a bit of a false dawn with fuel consumption and co2 etc etc - its a bit unfair to include a GS450H against the likes of a Polo and Mini. It must weigh nearly double what these cars weigh.
    Indeed it is grossly unfair to compare an executive saloon against superminis/small cars(but then again this is the magazine that is the motoring equivalent of the Oirish Sun or any of those tabloid papers so should we be surprised), but we know from Auto Express' test on the A8 4.2 TDI vs the LS600h(both of which have similar mpg ratings in the official EU tests and where they found the A8 to do 29 mpg and the Lexus did 19 mpg) that had they put the Lexus GS450h up against rival cars like say a V6 TDI A6 or a 535d etc that those cars would wipe the floor economy wise(indeed the 530i with its 3.0 petrol engine is already more economical than the GS hybrid in the official EU tests, never mind the diesel one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Eh the only "pollution" from hydrogen is water vapour(which obviously isn't pollution at all), therefore whether it does 1 or 100 mpg on hydrogen is irrelevant in terms of it's impact on the environment. All it means is that you'll have to refill it more often!
    The production of hydrogen has massive environmental impact as most of it is produced from burning coal.

Ironically the Hydrogen 7 is probably less damaging at 16 MPG on petrol than it is at 5 MPG indirectly on coal.

Advertisement