Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good & Evil 2!

Options
  • 15-05-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

http://kotaku.com/390720/there-is-a-beyond-good--evil-2-sort-of

Its been in development for a year, apparently.... Sweet.
    Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel has told French magazine JeuxVideo that work on a sequel to one of the past decade's most underappreciated titles is underway. And not just underway, but it's been underway for around a year now, with 10-12 staff toiling away on pre-production duties. Good news, yes? Well, sit back down, Mr Bernard Excitey-Pants, because there's a catch: Ubisoft have yet to green-light the project and kick it up into full production. Yes, I'm as confused and angry as you are. No, I have no idea why the hell they're stalling on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That is ridiculously exciting. If Ubisoft see sense and fund this, I will be delighted. I have said it many times before, but BG&E is certainly a candidate for the game of last-gen, and it demands that the promised sequel gets made! I need more talking pigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*cough*surfergirlnovember07*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cough away, K.O.Kiki :)
    It was news to me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sweet deal, can't wait for more information about this. Now to play the copy of BG&E i've had squirreled away in my drawer for the past year and a half that i bought for a tuppence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

News to me as well, and a damn fine piece of news at that!
    I should really get around to completing BG&E, think I got about 3/4 of the way through it and put it on the backburner for a while

Proud to say that I bought TWO copies of the game:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

while i dont think it was the best game of the last generation it certainly was good & different

glad its getting a sequel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

tman wrote: »

Proud to say that I bought TWO copies of the game:p

now why did you do that, wanna send one to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Thats great news. Hopefully people might actually buy it this time around. Its a shame to see a great game like the original that tries something new get overlooked while Generic Update 5 sells bucket loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

that's brilliant, i loved the original. didn't think it was that popular tho?

any idea if it involves the same characters or not?

if i remember correctly from the end of the 1st one
    wasn't there something up with pey'j (the pig)? wasn't he an alien or something?

that's brilliant, i loved the original. didn't think it was that popular tho?

any idea if it involves the same characters or not?

if i remember correctly from the end of the 1st one
    wasn't there something up with pey'j (the pig)? wasn't he an alien or something?
    Infected with something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Launch trailer !!111!!!eleventyone!

Bit of a change in art style (Pey'j is pretty damn disturbing now!) but its only a teaser trailer. More importantly, BG&E is back. Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I loved the first one. I can't wait for number 2!

Please Ubi, more of "something different" and not "BG&E - but prettier!"

[/premature fanboy rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'll have to pick this up to see what the fuss is about, though if it's puzzle based i'm screwed cause i'm pretty thick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Nice, i cant realli wait, any announcements on rough release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

MooseJam wrote: »
    I'll have to pick this up to see what the fuss is about, though if it's puzzle based i'm screwed cause i'm pretty thick
    If you can get to Swords, the Gamestop on Mainstreet has a copy for the PS2 for 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

MooseJam wrote: »

Think Zelda except it's science fiction but just as brilliant.

Don't remember any particularly tough puzzles... except maybe a bit on the last level with directing beams of light.

Anyway this the best gaming related news I've heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

So am I the only one who bought the first one and didn't like it? Standard platformer with standard baddies, bosses, etc. Or did I miss something?

(PS Same with Psychonauts. Tried so hard to like it, but it was just meh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I want the first one. :(

• Advertisement

Carlson and Peters!!!!!!

I think the chase sequences in the last game are some of the most exciting moments in gaming. Really must play the game again - don't really remember the plot in much detail.

I do remember
    that wonderful spaceship finale though
    . Now that was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Is the PC version any use?
    Its a whole lot cheaper than the PS2 or Xbox version, but I read you can't you a gamepad with PC version?

Edit: Talking about the original of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I played it on PC and found mouse control to be no problem at all. I haven't played a console version though, so I've nothing to compare it to. But you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I played it on PC and found mouse control to be no problem at all. I haven't played a console version though, so I've nothing to compare it to. But you should be fine.

Thanks, just ordered it! (€6.99 on play.com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Wonderful news! I very much enjoyed the original. I'll have to dig it out and give it a play again. I'm a little hazy on the story. I imagine it will be multi-platform, fingers crossed it will be out sooner rather than later but not at the expense of rushing it.

For those who have just played through it once... it's just if not more enjoyable on the second and third play through.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really need to play this. Its one of my "didnt get a chance to play" games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Great news.I just finished the original about 6 months ago. Very underrated.
    Great game. I picked it up for 4.99, what a bargain.
    sometimes Gamestop is good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just hope they dont Xbox it (also known as consolitis :p).

Advertisement