Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good & Evil 2!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

easier isn't always bad, some of us aren't the best puzzle solvers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm sure it'll be consoled this time. Maybe no pc at all :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MooseJam wrote: »
    easier isn't always bad, some of us aren't the best puzzle solvers

Well the first one wouldn't exactly be considered hard (well there was one tricky enough puzzle in an underground sewer but that was about it). Seems to suggest they are going to be toning it down for a more casual audience: which could mean mini-games, quick time events (shudder) or worse. To try and aim the sequel at an audience apart from its initial fanbase (which at this point is quite large) isn't a good idea. Worth a few extra sales while alienating the people who have been calling out for a true sequel for years? In the eyes of a big corporation, unfortunately the answer is yes.

Again, early days, but not the most positive of news.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

aw i hope they don't tone it down and mess the whole thing up.

the original was perfect, it had a mix of everything, fighting, stealth, photographing every bloody animal (like when you had to go out on a boat and wait for fish to jump out of the water to get the picture) and the racing part.
    i thought those secret loot tunnel chases were challenging and really good fun.

i started playing it again there the other day and i'd forgotten how good it is.
    and i forgot how annoyed i got playing that game with the shark in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd don't think I'd ever have considered Beyond Good and Evil to be a hard game... I don't think completing it would be beyond anyone skills.

Although that final boss fight can give you a bit of a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm going to sit back & wait for Michel Ancel to work his magic.

Guys, he's got Ubi by the balls - without him, they wouldn't have Rayman. They will let him do what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK I know its an old thread, but no point in starting a new one.

Check out this alleged footage from BG&E2. It looks absolutely incredible - like the first game crossed with a third person Mirrors Edge. On an anticipation scale of 1 to 10, I'd now give this at least a 14.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    OK I know its an old thread, but no point in starting a new one.

Check out this alleged footage from BG&E2. It looks absolutely incredible - like the first game crossed with a third person Mirrors Edge. On an anticipation scale of 1 to 10, I'd now give this at least a 14.

Since Ubisoft is involved no doubt the Assassin's Creed engine will be getting some love. Perhaps Michael Ancel will be the first to make a game that has amazing movement and amazing gameplay, because no-one has quite managed that yet...

Advertisement