Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex And The City/Sligo Cancer Support Centre Night

• 15-05-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Article in The Sligo Post.

Sligo Cancer Support Centre are hosting the first screening of the new Sex and the City movie.

Doors open at 6.15 with light refreshments being served and a few goodies being raffled off. Show starts at 7pm sharp. Tickets e20.

Tickets available from Joe McCanns Menswear, Wine Street, or Finnualas Hair Salon, Quay Street.

Any further enquires to 087 6161423.

Anyone interested? I'm up for it, anyone else want to join me?

Wednesday 28th May

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm all up for supporting the 'Sligo Cancer Support Centre' but I'd rather light my balls on fire than sit through a 'Sex And The City' movie!

EDIT: sueme.. you didn't include a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I dunno... you in a pair of Manolos, drinking a Cosmopolitan, mod powers... it has a strange fetish type appeal to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

It may be in a good cause, but for a group to associate themselves with such puerile, inane thrash is a pity. Hope people turn up, but I too would rather light my balls on fire than watch that excuse for entertainment.

Its only a bit of fun lads, a good laugh for the ladies, and it raises a few bob for the charity. Its not meant to be a serious evening.

I know:o Sex and the City just triggers that reaction in me. As do westlife elsewhere:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm guessing a night with Mark watching Sex and the City wouldn't be your fav type of evening then?! :D

sueme wrote: »
    I'm guessing a night with Mark watching Sex and the City wouldn't be your fav type of evening then?! :D
    Was there a reason you singled out Mark there sueme?

Answer carefully! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

I'm guessing that this sorta does'nt apply to anyone who can light their balls on fire.

:D:D:pac::pac::p;)

basquille wrote: »
    Was there a reason you singled out Mark there sueme?

Answer carefully! :eek:

Coz he's got teh ghey, and Sex and the City is about as gay as you can get for our straight Irish lads!

Roll on the 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I realise that I'm letting down the sisterhood and all that

but I'm with basquille. I'd rather light my tits on fire than watch that sh*te.

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »

You traitor! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Jeepers lads its getting abit hot in here. :D
    Cant ye not go burning flags or eulogies and/or some other such stuff. This body mutilation stuff is a bit heavy eh? * :eek:

But if ye must do it perhaps we'll have a whip round and send the proceeds to the campaign. ;)

Nice idea Tuppence - A mass burning of body parts outside The Gaiety in support/protest* of Sex and The City/Sligo Cancer Services*.

*tick as appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I can't help it.

I'd rather watch something entertaining...

I can't help it.

Like basquille and Muffler drying out the hay or cutting the turf together cos there nowhere to be seen. Make hay and all that...
    Maybe they can do it for the campaign.

Do you reckon that vulture/voegler guy might call in though while they are away........cos I am getting a wee bit scared.

tuppence wrote: »
    Do you reckon that vulture/voegler guy might call in though while they are away........cos I am getting a wee bit scared.

Who? Why is there no scared smiley? Really, who?

Pffft.. I never leave!

Enough of the "burning of body parts" comments actually.. probably my own fault for mentioning it.

Next one to mention shall be burned (or have a body part) burned at the stake.

Maybe best to get back on topic... not to get carried away or we'll be in (Mr) Big trouble with Muffler! ;) *

* I don't really watch the show but can't escape references to it in either modern culture or my girlfriend's shi*e taste in telly!

Maybe best to get back on topic... not to get carried away or we'll be in (Mr) Big trouble with Muffler! ;) *

* I don't really watch the show but can't escape references to it in either modern culture or my girlfriend's shi*e taste in telly!

Suuuuuree. Starts at 6.15 yeah...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Like basquille and Muffler drying out the hay or cutting the turf together cos there nowhere to be seen. Make hay and all that...
    Oh dont worry Im here. I just had to see to the sheep but we're on the ball again.

Will somebody think of the poor sheep?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Will somebody think of the poor sheep?!?!?
    I already did.

Who? Why is there no scared smiley? Really, who?

Yer man :eek: they sent in the last time they were away, and we couldnt have the party!

Awaits Muffler/Basquille to assist in the name of said comrade I mean colleague (You hardly expect me to move) before tuppence then promises to go back on topic hertofore or forthwith...whatever.
    (Bet carrie never had that problem...writer and all thats o.t.)
    ;)

Thats it. I'm vegetarian. 4eva.

Yer man :eek: they sent in the last time they were away, and we couldnt have the party!

Awaits Muffler/Basquille to assist in the name of said comrade I mean colleague (You hardly expect me to move) before tuppence then promises to go back on topic hertofore or forthwith...whatever.
    (Bet carrie never had that problem...writer and all thats o.t.)
    ;)

*SLAP*
    Pull yourself together girl.

*SLAP*
    Pull yourself together girl.

Ouch! Did ye see that? :(:D

I can't help it.

Such as "Indiana jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". It's why God created cinema (I hope. I've waited years for this:(:confused::o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I'd rather light my balls on fire than sit through a 'Sex And The City' movie!

+1

**hands basquille a lighter**

I give up.

No wonder Westlife don't get involved...:D

I give up.

No wonder Westlife don't get involved...:D

When you're finished with that lighter Basquille you woudlnt hand it over to Westlife. There not doing anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

If I had balls I'd be next in line after basquille.....oh and by the way basq can I take photos????:D

Advertisement