Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf mk 4 gt tdi

Options
  • 15-05-2008 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

hi wondering if anyone knows where to come across some comfy car seats to fit my golf???? mine has a grey ??? interior and would like an upgrade to some sports seats!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Try a scrappie for a crashed GTi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

do these GT TDI things not have the gti seats anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If u find a crashed mk4 gti, let me know;) Don't want the seats, just a few other bits. There is a set of blue recaro's on adverts.ie, i let a comment awhile back but no reply so i don't know if they are stil around. As far as i know the gti seats require a bit of cutting and chopping with themselves and the brackets before they fit, unless u get the brackets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Any seat from another MK4 golf will fit your car,you also have seats from the following cars to chose from Seat leon MK1(esp the cupra R) skoda octavia mk1(VRS) VW bora and Audi A3/S3 MK1.

Seats from all the above cars will fit no problem,there may be some issues of you come across electric front seats from an S3 or Cupra but not a biggie.

As for MK4 GTIs look for a pre 2001 model for cloth recaros or a select few (in this country) post 2001 models for leather recaros,your best bet is ebay.co.uk or ebay.de.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Cyrus wrote: »
    do these GT TDI things not have the gti seats anyway?

They were supposed to, but there are plenty of GT badges stuck on!

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Seats from all the above cars will fit no problem,

From reading this i don't think so :p
    http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26932
    Could be wrong

Biro wrote: »
    They were supposed to, but there are plenty of GT badges stuck on!

All "GT TDI" have them stuck on.

this topic is done to death but being the dub nut i am it nerver ceases to wind me up :)

question one whats a GTI seat?

lets just presume we are talking cloth here now and not leather,pre 2001 a GTI seat was made by recaro and is a lovely place to be,post 2001 GTI seats were made by VW (or whatever nondescript company they contracted too) this seat is not a recaro and while more comfortable than your average baseline seat its no recaro,it is a VW highline seat so therefore the seats in a post 2001 GTI are identical in everyway to every other VW highline seat of the era,one of the reasons the MK4 GTI didnt look that special unless of course it was an anniversary model then you got recaros once again.

this topic is done to death but being the dub nut i am it nerver ceases to wind me up :)

question one whats a GTI seat?

lets just presume we are talking cloth here now and not leather,pre 2001 a GTI seat was made by recaro and is a lovely place to be,post 2001 GTI seats were made by VW (or whatever nondescript company they contracted too) this seat is not a recaro and while more comfortable than your average baseline seat its no recaro,it is a VW highline seat so therefore the seats in a post 2001 GTI are identical in everyway to every other VW highline seat of the era,one of the reasons the MK4 GTI didnt look that special unless of course it was an anniversary model then you got recaros once again.

lol you summed it up so well the last time I just linked your post :D

• Advertisement

From reading this i don't think so :p
    http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26932
    Could be wrong

I think you will find those resourceful chaps are describing to you how to fit MK4 recaro seats into a VW lupo. :cool:

I am the self appointed MK4 don of boards i'm hardly ever wrong,weren't you aware of that? esp on this subject seeing as how i have personally retro fitted 2 interiors from higher spec MK4s to other MK4 golfs.

Thank you ronoc.

I think you will find those resourceful chaps are describing to you how to fit MK4 recaro seats into a VW lupo. :cool:

I am the self appointed MK4 don of boards i'm hardly ever wrong,weren't you aware of that? esp on this subject seeing as how i have personally retro fitted 2 interiors from higher spec MK4s to other MK4 golfs.

Golf recaro's in a lupo? haha madness.

Thanks for that, better to know now, i was turned off the idea of gettin a set when i was readin that.

With all this knowledge of urs so tell us where we can get sets of recaros for no more than 20 yo-yo's:p

I know of a guy who put not one but two 2.8V6 engines in a lupo(1 in the back and i in the front pushing out well over 500bhp),now thats madness retro fitting seats is common place on the VW scene,already there are quite a few MK5 GTI's in the UK with RS4 seats retro fitted.

AS for recaros for 20 euros? ha ha

Seriously though the most i would pay for a mint set of recaros in cloth is 550,leather a whole lot more,and remember if it doesn't say recaro on the seat its not recaro,nearly every second GT TDI on carzone is advertised as having a recaro interior when the don't.

I know of a guy who put not one but two 2.8V6 engines in a lupo(1 in the back and i in the front pushing out well over 500bhp),now thats madness retro fitting seats is common place on the VW scene,already there are quite a few MK5 GTI's in the UK with RS4 seats retro fitted.

AS for recaros for 20 euros? ha ha

Seriously though the most i would pay for a mint set of recaros in cloth is 550,leather a whole lot more,and remember if it doesn't say recaro on the seat its not recaro,nearly every second GT TDI on carzone is advertised as having a recaro interior when the don't.

Ur the lads with the nicely dolled up bora if i'm correct

Yeah i have a bora its not dolled up though it came that way from the factory ive made a few little changes to it though,how do you know my car?

Think u've the same name over on VAGdrivers, lol

Advertisement