Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me?

Options
  • 15-05-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi, im just wondering if anyone here can shed some light to a dreams ive been having the past few months.

There has been about 4 in total where i dream a person i know in real life is dead. Im at thier funeral, seems so real. A girl i work with, a girl i went to school with.

Two weeks ago i dreamt my father died, i was phoning people to tell them and woke up crying. I cried so much that morning i was actually late for work, it felt very real.

Last night i dreamt my boyfriend drown, i couldnt save him and he died, yet again i remember his funeral. I was very disturbed when i wokr up, unable to have breakfast and very shaken.

Does anyone know what this means? Ive tried to google it but cannot find an explaination.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Eschatologist

I had a friend who dreamt he was in a graveyard, looking down at his own tombstone, so I looked death up in a dream dictionary for him and this is what I got: from what I've read, dreams about death, be it your own or someone else's, aren't necessarily bad or meant to be frightening. Death in a dream can merely represent change. Dreaming of death may be an attempt to deal with uncertainties in your life or wishing to free yourself of responsibilities.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

dymondz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this means? Ive tried to google it but cannot find an explaination.
    Dreams are subconscious manifestations of suppressed conscious anxieties.

During the day lots of thoughts and ideas pop into our head without us inviting them. You may at some point thought to yourself 'what if dad died?' and dismissed the thought completely as being too gruesome to contemplate.

If you dismissed thinking about this upsetting scenario in your conscious brain then your subconscious would have staked in up for later resolution.

It's also interesting how in your dream sequence the people you dream about dying become progressively closer to you in terms of closeness.

The best thing you could do is to talk to your bf or a friend about how you would feel if you lost someone close to you.

Advertisement